+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Roundwood

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I remember them training on our school pitch once, think they trained on other school pitches too, have had it worse in the past.
    Indeed,the season we won 4th division title under mcewan,we trained at orgreave…remember kelham telling me the “moving the dog sh1t “line was literally true…!.. seem to do us no harm that season…

training at keepmoat donccaster in the dvs years,was another situation,albeit in a set of difficult circumstances we found ourselves in at the time..ronnie got told off by TS about complaining about it in press.!.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I remember them training on our school pitch once, think they trained on other school pitches too, have had it worse in the past.
    Way back in the day when I was at Redscope I seem to recall they trained up on Barker's Park

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    LR knew what the training ground was like before he took the job......or should have done.Every summer we get told how much investment has gone into it and every new manager states how many improvements need to be made. All this maybe true but the bottom line is that the Roundwood training ground has facilitated about 4 promotions and 5 relegations. I really don't think that had we a state of the art facility that we would now be sat comfortably in mid table.
    would be nice to have a training ground we could use all the time. Friday Rotherham couldn’t use it , had to train on the pitch at nys . Four promotions in spite of the training facilities not because of it .

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    As usual everything is as clear as mud. Warnock knew what he was talking about but as usual we just put a sticking plaster over the problem. We are a sticking plaster club reactive to a degree but not proactive. We would be better prioritising getting decent training facilitiesgood and a decent academy and then think about pushing up the leagues. Might not go down well with the fans but if this was explained to them they might be patient to a degree.
    Any good academy player will be long gone before we would get a fee

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Indeed,the season we won 4th division title under mcewan,we trained at orgreave…remember kelham telling me the “moving the dog sh1t “line was literally true…!.. seem to do us no harm that season…

training at keepmoat donccaster in the dvs years,was another situation,albeit in a set of difficult circumstances we found ourselves in at the time..ronnie got told off by TS about complaining about it in press.!.
    That's 30 years ago.

Life has progressed.

Is your house like it was 30 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    That's 30 years ago.

Life has progressed.

Is your house like it was 30 years ago
    Well actually it was 35 and 15 years ago respectively but numbers are never your strong point.!..

Well actually it was 35 and 15 years ago respectively but numbers are never your strong point.!..
    Still haven't answered my question.

Is your house the same it was 35 years ago.

If not I your words it never did any harm than

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Still haven't answered my question.

Is your house the same it was 35 years ago.

If not I your words it never did any harm than
    Probably not but then again I haven”t got 20 odd footballers training in there..!..

Probably not but then again I haven”t got 20 odd footballers training in there..!..
    Don't understand what this comment has to do with the point I was making.

If you would like me to explain the point I was making just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Even clapped out Millmoor had an indoor pitch, known as the gym and built at the behest of one T Docherty. Not a full size pitch but not bad. This does make me wonder. It was only 50 plus years ago though so I'm being terribly unfair
    No you are not, but where could it be built? And I once went in that gym and it was not even 25% of a pitch!!! 🙄

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast