+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Sevco will not pay anywhere near that amount for a Scottish player
    Never mind a Championship one.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Never mind a Championship one.
    Well I hope that's not what he is after tomorrow but certainly he's not yet played at a higher level so absolutely no chance they will offer what we want. They will make the usual derisory bid, then have the audacity to be up in arms when we tell them to ram it up their hole!

See tomorrow when we win our case we should sign Dorrans and Charlie Adam, play them in the development squad, offer DFC holdings £25 for the whole club including Wagners auld bed, buy Dens off JB and send an email to Bride of Chuckie that just says
    na na na nana na na nana

There maybe a higher footballing IQ in the bedsit than will ever be attained in Stillwater Minnesota but our owner is not daft when it comes to making money.

As i posted just before our LAST season in the Championship the signing of Shankland was a complete game changer and there is no chance that Mark Ogren is gonna throw away all he has achieved and land up back where he started.

The virus and Hearts have caused chaos at Tannadice but one thing Ogren knows is Shankland alone will be good enough to stave off relegation.He has a former agent running our club and i'm sure Tony will keep him right.

I have posted this before but its worth reiterating that in the history of Scottish football no team EVER have been promoted to the top division and made no summer signings,we all know why we are the first but mark my words we cannot afford to let any of our squad go at this time,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    There maybe a higher footballing IQ in the bedsit than will ever be attained in Stillwater Minnesota but our owner is not daft when it comes to making money.

As i posted just before our LAST season in the Championship the signing of Shankland was a complete game changer and there is no chance that Mark Ogren is gonna throw away all he has achieved and land up back where he started.

The virus and Hearts have caused chaos at Tannadice but one thing Ogren knows is Shankland alone will be good enough to stave off relegation.He has a former agent running our club and i'm sure Tony will keep him right.

I have posted this before but its worth reiterating that in the history of Scottish football no team EVER have been promoted to the top division and made no summer signings,we all know why we are the first but mark my words we cannot afford to let any of our squad go at this time,FACT.

I wouldnt be confident about winning The Championship with this squad without Shankland, never mind survive in The Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    I wouldnt be confident about winning The Championship with this squad without Shankland, never mind survive in The Premiership.
    I completely understand your concern,make no mistake anybody thinking we could make the top 6 albeit with signing's introduced need to reset their ambitions.

I think we may well just survive IF we bring in a very good centre half,if we fail to do that only Shankland at the other end can save us.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I completely understand your concern,make no mistake anybody thinking we could make the top 6 albeit with signing's introduced need to reset their ambitions.

I think we may well just survive IF we bring in a very good centre half,if we fail to do that only Shankland at the other end can save us.
    This is going to be a season like no other, and the lack of supporters will affect the ugly sisters more than any one else, it could be a close league, top and bottom, and league reconstruction may yet come for next year

Having a fit Nicky Clarke back is the best new signing of all

I think we’ll be OK on and off the park, however not all clubs may survive

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    This is going to be a season like no other, and the lack of supporters will affect the ugly sisters more than any one else, it could be a close league, top and bottom, and league reconstruction may yet come for next year

Having a fit Nicky Clarke back is the best new signing of all

I think we’ll be OK on and off the park, however not all clubs may survive
    I agree with your post 100% mate,the Funsters will be fine though with Bob's one million pound bingo extravaganza being introduced.

How we do this season depends on how much MM can get out of the existing squad. If he get more out of certain players than RN did then we could surprise people this season.

people are going off the assumption of the players who played the majority of last season under RN. players react to different instructions managers give them. look at players who RN improved from the CL guys like Benji, McMullan, Robson etc. that will happen again.

dont get me wrong, i would like to see some new signings coming in as i do feel we are slight esp at the back and in wide positions but there are players who will be like new signings this season under MM. Cammy smith already looks like hes getting a chance, a few youngsters could be giving more of an opportunity etc.

Expectations should be lower considering the stuff that's gone on. Virus, Financial restraints, RN leaving, the whole court case stuff as well. if this was a normal season i reckon the cheque book would have been out and we would have made numerous signings but due to everything thats happened i think its maybe the case of having to work with what we've got and improve whats there. I look at the squad we have and think if MM sets us up correctly then there is no reason why we couldnt be anywhere from 6th-9th which is where we should be aiming this season.

Shankland goes then it would be a BIG BIG problem.

As soon as our Premiership, status is confirmed, I fully expect us to start making signings. No chance we'll go through this window without singing anyone. The owner & Asghar have already said MM will be given money.

Page 60 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)