+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Aberdeen are close to making New Zealand international left-back James McGarry their next summer signing. The Dons are understood to have agreed a six-figure fee with Australian side Central Coast Mariners to sign the 25-year-old on a permanent deal.

From the P&J
    I see this guy is being written off by some of our supporters before he’s even signed.

Not entirely sure why?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I see this guy is being written off by some of our supporters before he’s even signed.

Not entirely sure why?
    Many players that we sign are written off before the ink dries on their contracts.
    It's not just an Aberdeen thing though.

I like to see a player playing in a few games first before judging them.

Apparently Ramadani is away after a £1.1 million fee was agreed with a 10% sell on clause.

Whilst sad to see him move on, I do wish him all the best.

Why are so many transfer fees in and out "undisclosed" these days???

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Many players that we sign are written off before the ink dries on their contracts.
    It's not just an Aberdeen thing though.

I like to see a player playing in a few games first before judging them.
    It seems to be because the Australian league is a poor standard so he must be pish.

To be honest I wouldn’t know how good it is but I highly doubt most Aberdeen fans would know how good it is either.

I don’t think any of these leagues we are signing players from are top leagues that’s probably why they are signing for us.

Doesn’t necessarily mean they are shyte players though.

To look from another angle.
    How many Italians think are league is crap and of low standard?
    But look at amount of players in the last few seasons that Italian top flight clubs are signing from our league.
    Players need a platform to show what they can do, we are now a stepping stone.
    Fine by me if we keep unearthing and selling on for profits.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Why are so many transfer fees in and out "undisclosed" these days???
    Money laundering and/or tax evasion.

Also not wanting other clubs to know how much you take in from selling and inflate the prices of players you are trying to sign

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It seems to be because the Australian league is a poor standard so he must be pish.

To be honest I wouldn’t know how good it is but I highly doubt most Aberdeen fans would know how good it is either.

I don’t think any of these leagues we are signing players from are top leagues that’s probably why they are signing for us.

Doesn’t necessarily mean they are shyte players though.
    Difficult to draw a comparison - games are played in summer so it's a lot less heidless chicken.

Pitches are generally good too.

I would say top half of the A league is comparable with the bottom of the SPL. CCM finished second last year and won the play-off final at a canter. MCGarry will probably be adequate, without setting the heather on fire, but he is showing ambition at 25 he could have got a bigger paycheck moving to an Asian league.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    To look from another angle.
    How many Italians think are league is crap and of low standard?
    But look at amount of players in the last few seasons that Italian top flight clubs are signing from our league.
    Players need a platform to show what they can do, we are now a stepping stone.
    Fine by me if we keep unearthing and selling on for profits.
    I'd imagine fans of these Italian clubs taking to various forums and Social Media, to tell all how shyte these players are from the Scottish leagues.

The same fans will probably still claim the player is shyte when sold for a profit.

I can't believe how many of our fans thought Ramadani wasn't great and will be easy to replace.

Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast