+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League 2019-20 campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I heard that if the harbour isn't upgraded then the oil industry is moving to Dundee.
    That would be a result for all the jungen looking to get on the property ladder up here. Get rid of a hell of a lot of settlers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Get rid of a hell of a lot of settlers too.
    ...and most of the local "jungen" too because without the Oil there's not much else to keep them, apart from AFC of course...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    ...and most of the local "jungen" too because without the Oil there's not much else to keep them, apart from AFC of course...
    Lot more to this city than the oil. In fact there's a lot of wise people believe the oil boom was the worst thing to ever happen to this city.

Well apart from getting occupied in 1639 that is and maybe the invasions by hearts, Celtic and rangers fans in the 70s.

Get rid of a hell of a lot of settlers too.
    Which 'settlers' are you referring to, and why would it be a favourable outcome to 'get rid' .... I'm curious.

Thats interesting, never heard before. I lived in the city center for a couple of years very early 90s, that was it, I had a good enough time, but never considered planting proper roots there. Lived in Ferryhill, just up from the Ferryhill Tavern (Bank St)?, the Bells was a favourite and a sunday sesh in Cocky Hunters top o Union St was almost a weekly event for a while. Then I lived for a while right in front of Charlies Bar on Bon Accord Terrace...full o posers that place, didnt like it much. Out of the 3 drinking establishments mentioned, how many still there??...the Bells and Ferryhill Tavern for sure eh...

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Thats interesting, never heard before. I lived in the city center for a couple of years very early 90s, that was it, I had a good enough time, but never considered planting proper roots there. Lived in Ferryhill, just up from the Ferryhill Tavern (Bank St)?, the Bells was a favourite and a sunday sesh in Cocky Hunters top o Union St was almost a weekly event for a while. Then I lived for a while right in front of Charlies Bar on Bon Accord Terrace...full o posers that place, didnt like it much. Out of the 3 drinking establishments mentioned, how many still there??...the Bells and Ferryhill Tavern for sure eh...
    Ferryhill still open I'm fairly sure but it's been ponsified, bank street brothel is closed, Cocky Hunter's is now McGinty's, Bells is no more, building was redeveloped. Think it's an office block now. Charlie's reputation took a knock when a bouncer was involved in a death. Think it's still a young folks drinking shop but not sure what it's called now.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Which 'settlers' are you referring to, and why would it be a favourable outcome to 'get rid' .... I'm curious.
    Still curious.

Ferryhill still open I'm fairly sure but it's been ponsified, bank street brothel is closed, Cocky Hunter's is now McGinty's, Bells is no more, building was redeveloped. Think it's an office block now. Charlie's reputation took a knock when a bouncer was involved in a death. Think it's still a young folks drinking shop but not sure what it's called now.
    Ferryhill Taverns been shut for f@cking ages

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ferryhill Taverns been shut for f@cking ages
    Glad to hear it. Always good to hear of ponsification failing.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Still curious.
    Why?

Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast