+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

We need to keep shankland.

Play him for a year in the prem and then we can ignore the ugly sisters and sell him for proper money to a big English club.

The market is depressed by covid and now is not time to sell him.

We’ve signed freeman and the gk from Sunderland. Not spent any money but then no clubs have done

With shanks I think we will be better than a lot of the lower down clubs.

It will be interesting to see what MM can get from a decent squad.

The passing ahead of the goal against Killie was pretty slick

Looking forward to Saturday - assuming we get the right result at the arbitration by then 🤞

The way I look at it is that we have played Hibs and St Mirren in competitive matches in the last 12 months with generally the current squad. Over 4 games (in 90 mins) we played 4, drew 3, lost one. We’re not great, nor are we that bad. With what we’ve got IMHO we’re looking at 9th or so. But remember it’s a 38 game season and the window runs to October (I think) so should MM wish to get something in, the time is still there. Let’s not start panicking should we lose on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    The way I look at it is that we have played Hibs and St Mirren in competitive matches in the last 12 months with generally the current squad. Over 4 games (in 90 mins) we played 4, drew 3, lost one. We’re not great, nor are we that bad. With what we’ve got IMHO we’re looking at 9th or so. But remember it’s a 38 game season and the window runs to October (I think) so should MM wish to get something in, the time is still there. Let’s not start panicking should we lose on Saturday.
    Strangely enough I think we will win on Saturday ( if we get to ****ing play that is) 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Let’s not start panicking should we lose on Saturday.
    It is nailed on that if we lose any game this season that isnt the ugly sisters or Aberdeen/Hibs away then it will be meltdown central. Its the way of the world these days and every club is the same. You'll get a big chunk of supporters who expect perfection week-in-week-out and will be very vocal about it so they can hold the 'i told you so' card when things go very badly, but get away with it when things go well because everyone is happy. A strange mind set in my eyes but its just what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    It is nailed on that if we lose any game this season that isnt the ugly sisters or Aberdeen/Hibs away then it will be meltdown central. Its the way of the world these days and every club is the same. You'll get a big chunk of supporters who expect perfection week-in-week-out and will be very vocal about it so they can hold the 'i told you so' card when things go very badly, but get away with it when things go well because everyone is happy. A strange mind set in my eyes but its just what happens.
    The sad thing is, the last 5 years will be instantly forgotten when the whistle sounds a 3pm on Saturday. If we come out with anything less than a win, then i can only see carnage over the keyboards!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    The sad thing is, the last 5 years will be instantly forgotten when the whistle sounds a 3pm on Saturday. If we come out with anything less than a win, then i can only see carnage over the keyboards!
    I aim to be more patient this season but hoping we can at least maintain some decent home form.

I'm not so sure about this carnage on the keyboards theory. It's a transition season for us hampered by several things beyond our control and I think even the hardest critics will (hopefully) realise that.

6 months ago I'd have been hoping for top 6, but with the sh1tstorm we've had to put up with I would take survival right now, although i think we will surprise a few.

There will be losses but I for one won't be critical if we see overall progress with a better style of football in development under the new coach. He hasn't had long with a new group of players before Saturday comes and we may not see all the additions he wants this week so for me patience is what's needed.

Sorry gents but I'm not seeing the meltdowns coming, this season is purely about survival, as long as we survive and build from there thats all that matters, everyone I've spoken to or anyone's posts I've read are of the same thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    This is going to be a season like no other, and the lack of supporters will affect the ugly sisters more than any one else, it could be a close league, top and bottom, and league reconstruction may yet come for next year

Having a fit Nicky Clarke back is the best new signing of all

I think we’ll be OK on and off the park, however not all clubs may survive
    Agree with that bit. Shankland's best period of the season was when he was supported by Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Sorry gents but I'm not seeing the meltdowns coming, this season is purely about survival, as long as we survive and build from there thats all that matters, everyone I've spoken to or anyone's posts I've read are of the same thinking.
    Same here, an outbreak of unitedness:-)

Page 61 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)