+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

So pleased they re-posted this with subtitles, as I didn't understand a bl00dy word of it first time around...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1664907521335730176

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    I think the reason Vinny came back into the squad after his loan was because of his great attitude,energy and enthusiasm unfortunately in the style of play we operate and where we are trying to get to Vinny gives the ball away too cheaply which doesn't fit into a possession based team
    Although his attributes did make him a fans favourite(including myself) rather than Ed Francis who is not as an exciting player but suited the system better
    I really think we should have kept Francis - he can play either DM or CB and is a very talented player that I thought would be good for Notts in L2. Just my opinion (before I get criticised for saying so)

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I really think we should have kept Francis - he can play either DM or CB and is a very talented player that I thought would be good for Notts in L2. Just my opinion (before I get criticised for saying so)
    While I agree that Francis is a talented player, and it wouldn't surprise me if ends up as a regular league one player one day, I doubt he'd have signed a new deal with notts even if we offered one.

He'd basically have to pick between playing sparsely in the EFL with notts or playing week in week out at Gateshead, who I can see pushing for the playoffs in the NL next season, and given how his time at notts went thus far, it wouldn't surprise me if he chose the later.

Another "ideal transfers" twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/AnalysisStfc/sta...542148097?s=20

Borthwick-Jackson and senior are both interesting potential additions, especially if Nemane leaves and Randall ends up as an attacking midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    We have plenty of experienced players already, Bostock, Slocombe, Rawlinson, Brindley and hopefully JOB. The thing is Barnsley don't have Football Radar though do they and all the info they have on players.
    They don't have FR but I'd be amazed if they didn't have football data analysts at the club with access to data from Wyscout, StatsPerform, InStat etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    They don't have FR but I'd be amazed if they didn't have football data analysts at the club with access to data from Wyscout, StatsPerform, InStat etc.
    Aren't they owned by one of the guys who invented Moneyball as well?

Lol Gump, the first time I saw this clip without subtitles, I could not understand a word, put the subtitles in and hey presto instant hilarity

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Yeah, can't remember if it's Billy Beane or Peter Brand, I'll have to have a quick look.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Billy Beane has a minority share as part of a consortium.

[QUOTE=countygump;40294502]So pleased they re-posted this with subtitles, as I didn't understand a bl00dy word of it first time around...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1664907521335730176[/QUOTE
    This is absolutely tremendous and for me it's what we are all about

Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast