+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Totally agree, to hear the Sevconians go on about it being a done deal and there’s no way he could turn them down, to then see him turn down the offer was a great moment.
    Yeah, that didn’t happen

Totally agree, to hear the Sevconians go on about it being a done deal and there’s no way he could turn them down, to then see him turn down the offer was a great moment.
    I just try to find positives wherever I can. Not happy with the time it took or their obvious tactic of timing it to coincide with our games against them but we gave them six points out of that and still finished above them. Even the Huns who didn't want him were left feeling the humiliation, a manager they don't think is good enough from them turning them down because he doesn't think they're food enough for him.

If he wanted to go, what stopped him?
    [edit]
    Also, hearing the Sevconians declare that he was not good enough after he turned them down was cringe fully funny.
    [/edit]
    Best guess? He threw the toys out of the pram due to the hun PR factory motoring in to over drive which, if I remember rightly, was even more nauseating than usual. That and the extra cash he squeezed out of Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Yeah, that didn’t happen
    Well don't tell the Huns that, I'm sure that's how many of them saw it. I take it no offer was made and he broke off things before it got that far?

No idea to be honest. The story was the Huns nearly spewed their dinner up when they heard what we were paying him.

Why definitely didn’t happen, was raging Huns at not getting their man. I’ve never met a hun fan who wanted him at the time or wasn’t delighted he never went there.

I thought it was a done deal that he was letting his contract run down so he could sign for the Huns like the rat did

No idea to be honest. The story was the Huns nearly spewed their dinner up when they heard what we were paying him.

Why definitely didn’t happen, was raging Huns at not getting their man. I’ve never met a hun fan who wanted him at the time or wasn’t delighted he never went there.
    They are cock a hoop at not getting him but I think they would probably a bit better off than they are now.

If he wanted to go, what stopped him?
    ]
    Not being allowed to take Tony Doc

Yeah, that didn’t happen
    Really.
    When did he accept the SevCo job?

I browsed their boards at the time because it was funny.
    It definitely was a case of they believed it was a done deal and were dismissing him after he knocked them back.

Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast