+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Not sure why anyone thinks Wilson has goals in him.

31 appearances and 3 goals for us,his entire career is about 85 appearances and 13 goals which says to me he doesn’t have goals in him.

Saying he is better than May isn’t much of a compliment to him,we need to have better strikers than the pair of them.

And Curtis Main isn’t the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

31 appearances and 3 goals for us,his entire career is about 85 appearances and 13 goals which says to me he doesn’t have goals in him.

Saying he is better than May isn’t much of a compliment to him,we need to have better strikers than the pair of them.

Can’t disagree with any of that.
    Ideally I’d actually cash in on big Sam too (we won’t, DM likes him) if we get a bid of £750k or thereabouts.
    Bring in two strikers.
    Bruce Anderson as a sub to replace May.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

There is something about Wilson but maybe it's just his pace and the odd flash of skill.

If he was already one of our players we'd want to send him to St Johnstone on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    There is something about Wilson but maybe it's just his pace and the odd flash of skill.

If he was already one of our players we'd want to send him to St Johnstone on loan.
    I take it you are talking about what I said about May?

If it was up to me we would bin May altogether in the summer but considering he still has 2 years left on his contract we would have to pay him off,we have a big enough rebuilding job to do without wasting more money on him so sending him out on loan is our best option.

Wilson is living off the fact he scored a few goals for Man Utd when he was younger, he has done fvck all since then at all of the clubs he has been on loan at.

Signing him permanently because he has pace and shows the odd flash of skill isn’t going to improve us so let’s move on.

I'd be surprised if we got Wilson to come here permanently - I guess he doesn't need the money anymore after picking up £30K a week for the last 4 or 5 years allegedly, but still can't see him being willing to drop down to say £5K a week to sign for us when there's bound to be a Championship or League 1 team who'll pay him double.

If we do sign him we need to play him every week. I still can't work out why we've had him sitting on the bench most of the season. When he's started he's looked better than May, Cosgrove and Stewart. He set up both goals against Hearts last week. I think a decent run in the team and he'd have worked out as a good loan. I'm not sure he's particularly suited to being the loan striker though and he's probably not really a wide player, although he has pace and an ability to beat a man.

I'll not be doing cartwheels if he signs, but I think he'd be a far better option than someone like Curtis Main for example. I'd much rather we signed Wilson than Stewart on a permanent deal as well.

For what it’s worth I reckon James Wilson will leave & sign for an English League One team in the north of England.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    For what it’s worth I reckon James Wilson will leave & sign for an English League One team in the north of England.
    An bang them in most likely

Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    An bang them in most likely
    His career stats would suggest otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    A quality player that would be a welcome addition if he had joined us.
    We’ve missed out on Halkett too.

Page 63 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast