+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 64 of 352 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays games.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    After yesterday I'm not really sure we need another youngster to wander about the middle of the park making no effort to close the opposition down. ☹️ I think his lack of game time at Killie speaks volumes TBH...
    yeah they are skilful and well anonymous at times too. Glass didnt do it at Killie at all but then neither did graham but the laddie might be moving on i reckon anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    After yesterday I'm not really sure we need another youngster to wander about the middle of the park making no effort to close the opposition down. ☹️ I think his lack of game time at Killie speaks volumes TBH...
    if our mode of play is just to shell it up front then we should really be doing away with the academy players no point in having them

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    if our mode of play is just to shell it up front then we should really be doing away with the academy players no point in having them
    Agree......... Not keen on the big launch either, but.... if we are going to do it in the mix, then, lets get a few big bodies up there that can actually win a headed ball, hold the ball up, hold the CB off with a wee bit oh strength etc etc...

We are so lightweight compared to some teams, it really is incredible.

I don't know the answer, but the "blend" just now ain't good.

Not having a big dig. Quite happy with this seasons position etc, but......... how we managed it, I'll never know ..

Yup, Mochrie was terrible and Meekison started ok but was at fault for their winner losing possession so easily on the edge of their box allowing them to counter us

Right now out biggest problem is the midfield, missing Butcher and Harkes, its putting much more pressure on the defence and if you have one having an off day like Mulgrew or shows and Benji had lost a bit of confidence too as he was poor at two of the goals

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Yup, Mochrie was terrible and Meekison started ok but was at fault for their winner losing possession so easily on the edge of their box allowing them to counter us

Right now out biggest problem is the midfield, missing Butcher and Harkes, its putting much more pressure on the defence and if you have one having an off day like Mulgrew or shows and Benji had lost a bit of confidence too as he was poor at two of the goals
    I don't think Benji will be missing Butcher that much, but.... his confidence does seem to have dwindled a wee bit.

Mulrgew didn't have his best game , but, touched upon it in his interview, that defence starts further up the park, "as a team"

hmmm?

Oh well.......... at least we are not away to be relegated some time very soon .

It looks like Butcher has put his toby before his teammates, so you better get used to him being missing and Benji's confidence being shot.

Really ? i thought at least he was trying to go forward with the ball

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It looks like Butcher has put his toby before his teammates, so you better get used to him being missing and Benji's confidence being shot.
    So what's the story with Butcher then?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    So what's the story with Butcher then?
    he's been firing into Siegrist and i dont mean in Benji in training

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Really ? i thought at least he was trying to go forward with the ball
    I think he was pretty terrible to be honest, did nothing to affect the game. I'm fact he did, he was part of the midfield that let Hearts have the run of that area of the park. ☹️

Page 64 of 352 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)