+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jim Goodwin rebuild thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    At least it mentions poppadom f*cking off too

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Trust me for opening mah big mouth.

I suppose the best we can hope for is we can re-coup our investment on a player who i think holds the keys to us getting back up. Doon as a doon thing for another 4 years i think!
    I expected most of the big earners to leave, and they can't f*ck off fast enough for me. All too good for the fizzy pop league but were all complicit in f*cking getting us there!

Hmmm, think you've taken that name them comment far too seriously. Maybe should have popped this at the end!

Im sitting here trying to figure out a couple of things, firstly who is in the know here, and secondly, who the certain folk are that i have taken issue with? On the second one, i can categorically confirm that i really do not have a clue who anyone is on here and therefore refuse to take issue with someone who is essentially a totally faceless entity to me. It is however an internet forum, and as a poster here, i am well within my rights to add my opinion within the rules just like anyone else here. If i have strayed beyond the rules, please do tell me.

While i dont think there are as many fellow Arabs as you do that expect us to instantly reinvest any freed up amount, i read peoples replies to that effect as more in hope than the reality of what they expect. Then there is the few who are purely out for the wind up who are better ignored! Of course any Arab like myself cannot have a full idea about the relegation effect financially, but we can see that at some point, someone like Fletcher has departed and a credible replacement has to be found to fill the gap that has just been created. Within that, it is stating the bleeding obvious that said replacement wont be on anything like £7k/week ive seen rumoured, or maybe even way below the £2k/week i alluded to above.

If you are in the know about wages, can you give us a ballpark figure as to how much the wage bill has reduced by so far? And is there still players here paid in excess of £4k/week? I dont think im that far wrong in my guess of £50k/week off the wage bill, but think/hope im well over on potential 6 replacements costing £12k/week. Should another £15k be removed, i think some of that has to be reinvested for a keeper, 2 defenders, a winger and a striker.
    You haven't strayed beyond the rules. You're entitled to say whatever you want. Some of your replies toward myself or TTT definitely give the impression you have something against either the fact we can get inside info or that we're mods. Maybe I'm wrong, but you are very, very quick to jump on a lot of what we say, me especially.

I'm in no way 'privvy' to players salaries or the wage bill. That's something no one should be privvy to really, so I can't help you on that one. I'd like to think we'll have a cap on salaries moving forward because some of the figures posted over the last few years have been crazy and reek of complete mis-management.

With just a year left on his contract and knowing that we could do with him off our wage bill, they probably wont offer us that much. However, if we can negotiate a 'sell on' clause it may turn out to be a good bit of business a year or two down the road.

I like Levitt as a player. But we failed to use him to best effect last season due to our numerous recruitment blunders.
    Last edited by cybershed; 29-06-2023 at 11:11 AM.

Keeper needs to be priority 1

Followed by strikers, 2 x of them

Then start filling in the gaps in defence and hopefully someone with some creativity

Get a decent solid keeper and we're in with a chance, I know some have suggested the laddie fae Ayr Akimyeni and remarkably, especially on twitter he was labelled as 'sh1te' i'll happily take a sh1te 24 goal a season championship POTY striker to give us any chance of getting the f uck out of here.Sadly i dont think we will even attempt to go for him

I really fear for us this season

Trust me for opening mah big mouth.

I suppose the best we can hope for is we can re-coup our investment on a player who i think holds the keys to us getting back up. Doon as a doon thing for another 4 years i think!
    On his day Levitt is a game changer but we saw very little of it last season. When he came back from injury his lack of dig in the tackle made Harkes look like Roy Keane. I'm not bothered he's away tbh. Another big wage off the payroll which will gradually increase the budget available to JG for new signings. Hopefully..

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I expected most of the big earners to leave, and they can't f*ck off fast enough for me. All too good for the fizzy pop league but were all complicit in f*cking getting us there!
    How many big earners are left though? Levitt and Mulgrew are candidates for over £4k/week, but who after that?

Squad is starting to look bereft of any credible talent, and potential aint good enough his season if it aint matched!

How many big earners are left though? Levitt and Mulgrew are candidates for over £4k/week, but who after that?

Squad is starting to look bereft of any credible talent, and potential aint good enough his season if it aint matched!
    Mate the squad looked bereft of talent all season, I'm sure we have more incomings planned, one of whom had better need gloves!

Interesting. There seems to be a bit of confusion as to whether or not they are under a transfer embargo due to not paying for that guy who died in the plane crash.

Didn't expect him to hang around tbh, still, he's a special player on his day and could've been the difference for us next season. Again, we can't lose quality like Levitt and replace him with an out of contract plodder.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    With just a year left on his contract and knowing that we could do with him off our wage bill, they probably wont offer us that much. However, if we can negotiate a 'sell on' clause it may turn out to be a good bit of business a year or two down the road.

I like Levitt as a player. But we failed to use him to best effect last season due to our numerous recruitment blunders.
    its a hard one, easily top earner, he flattered to deceive last season, no much fight in the laddie but being fair thats not his game, this league is hard as f uck, and fear he would maybe hide away unless he had protection around him

He's a class act, but, is he a luxury we can afford? probably not, so cashing in might not be a bad move but then we lose the best player in the league

As i say, its a hard one....

Page 66 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)