+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Goalkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Lifelong fans sick of this current set of players have unused season tickets for months and he is top of my list on why i cannot watch them.He really should just shut his puss.

Without a word of a lie i would give Celtic half a team if they gave us Benji back.I know they would never play any of our players but they could use them as cones and kiddie on walls at training.
    Benjamin, Benji, Ben, B, Symbol, whatever he's calling himself now, will have forgotten what playing a competitive match is like. What a waste of a decent keeper.. 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    Benjamin, Benji, Ben, B, Symbol, whatever he's calling himself now, will have forgotten what playing a competitive match is like. What a waste of a decent keeper.. 🤨
    Exactly, money is one thing (security for you and your family), but surely actually playing football week to week needs to be factored in, and a balance struck?
    Effectively, his career is over, simples! As you say, waste!!

To be fair to "The B Dog", he will be getting coached into being a better keeper and earning decent money. I would be surprised if he doesn't go down south after his Celtic spell is over. He has managed to pick up some silverware, which is the measure of every footballer and is likely to be his only chance at doing so. He is also currently putting in extra shifts etc at training....so he is doing the right thing for progressing his career. I would question his decision if he stayed at Celtic beyond his current contract. He has even managed an upgrade on his Mrs....so I think he has a lot to thank Butcher for!

Yet another points-losing performance from The Australian clown today.

Ayina was easily 10 yards ahead of Anderson. Dealing with the situation.
    Until the goalie’s intervention.

We’d be comfortably in mid table if we had any other keeper in goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy_Shimmy View Post

An absolute joke that the club did nothing to replace this clown in January. I've been convinced we'll be relegated since then tbh. The absolute worst keeper we have ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    An absolute joke that the club did nothing to replace this clown in January. I've been convinced we'll be relegated since then tbh. The absolute worst keeper we have ever had!
    Not only did we do nothing to replace him, we got rid of his only direct competition. 😂😂😂😂

If you don't laugh you f*cking cry mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy_Shimmy View Post

He's the worst 'professional' goalkeeper I've ever seen.
    Makes Paul Jarvie look like Gordon Banks.
    Anyone who thinks Newman would be a risk on Wednesday needs to take a shake to themselves. Anything on target that isn't absolutely straight at him is a goal, and most decent crosses lead to a goal as well.
    Nobody could be worse on such a consistent basis than him, and what makes it even worse is that he's an arrogant ******* on top of it. Thinks he's great!!!!!! Beyond words.
    We'd be better playing backie in.

Quote Originally Posted by swanny14 View Post
    He's the worst 'professional' goalkeeper I've ever seen.
    Makes Paul Jarvie look like Gordon Banks.
    Anyone who thinks Newman would be a risk on Wednesday needs to take a shake to themselves. Anything on target that isn't absolutely straight at him is a goal, and most decent crosses lead to a goal as well.
    Nobody could be worse on such a consistent basis than him, and what makes it even worse is that he's an arrogant ******* on top of it. Thinks he's great!!!!!! Beyond words.
    We'd be better playing backie in.
    I thought the second goal was right at him and he disappeared when the ball go to him! Same with their disallowed goal, sure the boy is a magician and can make himself disappear just when we need him most!

The keeper is that bad, that unless it's an absolute clanger like the first, he gets a pass on any other goal now because of zero expectation of him to save anything. A decent keeper could have done better at 2nd and 3rd goals last week, and second today. He literally saves nothing that is in the corner of the goals. Worst player for me in my 35 years or so watching. There might have been worse players come in for brief appearances, but in terms of getting a regular game and his impact on the team, he is the worst, he alone has been enough to relegate us, and a semi competent keeper in goal this season is the difference between us having a terrible season and finishing above the bottom two and getting relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I thought the second goal was right at him and he disappeared when the ball go to him! Same with their disallowed goal, sure the boy is a magician and can make himself disappear just when we need him most!
    Another VERY saveable shot!

He definitely has the Anti - Midas touch!

Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)