+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Story on Twitter ( I suspect it's shyte) Tim's to make a bid for Roos with Scales thrown into the deal.

If any truth in it I hope the club tell them to ram it.

The thought of losing our keeper so close to the window shutting puts the fear into me.
    It’s made up shyte from a Tim.

The deal is £2 million for Roos plus we get Scales on loan again.

If the club were daft enough to take that offer it would be a worse piece of business than when we signed Robbie Winters for £600k plus Billy Dodds.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If the club were daft enough to take that offer it would be a worse piece of business than when we signed Robbie Winters for £600k plus Billy Dodds.

My loon told me as soon as I came in the door and the Winters deal was what immediately came in to my mind.

It would be criminal to even think of selling Roos to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    If the turnaround is 12 months that’s not much time for forward planning. Unless it’s a silly money offer can’t see us letting Duk go with Europe on the immediate horizon.
    You'd think not, but I have a feeling that part of our sales pitch in order to persuade people to come here is an assurance that within reason, we won't stand in their way of a move to a bigger club/league on more money.

Of course, what is 'within reason' is subjective. We've still not replaced Ramadani, though I expect the club are trying. If they're not, that is worrying.

Just lookin at the squad. Assuming more signngs to come, a couple of things stand out.

Firstly ... Stewart. Why?
    If the guy gets a game it'll either be because of a sh!tload of injuries, and only in combination with abject failure to sign someone better ... which canna be difficult, surely? ... meanwhile, paid a wage which could be better spent in any number of ways.... get him tae fvck ... free transfer ... just GHTF.

Besuijen. A long as we play a 3-5-2 formation, we use wing backs rather than wingers/wide mids .... in which case, Besuijen , very much a wing/wide mid guy is queued behind Hayes, Duncan, Dadia and Morris as things stand ... for a role he is prob not best suited to .... and that's before any new signings. And yet, he is prob the most skilled and exciting of the bunch. Seems to me a shameful waste.
    I struggle to remember the formation we set out when he was at his best ... was it 4-2-3-1? ... dunno, but I canna help but think a forward line of Besuijen, Miovski and Duk would get the blood pumpin before a baa was kicked.

However, if 3-5-2 is here to stay, I canna see him progressin' .... which is a damn shame, and, as Ah said before, a waste. .

Alternatively, Although Polvara is much improved, Besuijen alongside Shinnie as attacking mids would be interesting .. if indeed Besuijen can be developed in that role .... except, we are apparently lining up a Ramadani replacement .... so he will be benched along wi' the aforementioned Polvara while Shinnie and Clarkson take to the field.

Might be fairer on the lad tae let him go for a measly 500k and best wishes.
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 17-08-2023 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbe_stats View Post
    I think whoever they bring in to replace Ramadani.
    He is already in the building = Polvara

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    He is already in the building = Polvara
    Hmmm ... admire yer faith min, and, Aye, Ah'm encouraged by Polvara's progress, but ... compared tae Rama? .... errm ... it's a bit like fan ye buy a loaf fae the local shoppie an gettin back change o' a fiver - fan ye handed ower a tenner. Time will tell tho

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Just lookin at the squad. Assuming more signngs to come, a couple of things stand out.

Firstly ... Stewart. Why?
    If the guy gets a game it'll either be because of a sh!tload of injuries, and only in combination with abject failure to sign someone better ... which canna be difficult, surely? ... meanwhile, paid a wage which could be better spent in any number of ways.... get him tae fvck ... free transfer ... just GHTF.
    A free transfer means we pay up his contract, which is supposedly a fair old wedge per week from us, which regardless what we think of him, he is entitled too.

I reckon the club will be hoping some club in England come for him, but do have a feeling if nothing happens for him, we will see a parting of the ways on the 31st. I doubt very much he will play for us again, but just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    A free transfer means we pay up his contract, which is supposedly a fair old wedge per week from us, which regardless what we think of him, he is entitled too.
    OK, I concede ... bad idea ... but if he is nae gettin a game, he still gets that wedge ... for daein as much good as he did when he was playin. .... I joke ... partially ... cos, I thought there were some games he looked pretty solid. Other games? .. hmm. Overall? ... Well, I look at the squad we have now, and he is the only one I can definitely call 'not good enough'.

So sell him ... cheap ... fk it ... tell Celtic he is fkn world class and swap him for Scales wi' a half dizzen rowies as a makeweight.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Hmmm ... admire yer faith min, and, Aye, Ah'm encouraged by Polvara's progress, but ... compared tae Rama? .... errm ... it's a bit like fan ye buy a loaf fae the local shoppie an gettin back change o' a fiver - fan ye handed ower a tenner. Time will tell tho
    I hear ya neeps min and I tend to agree with ya, it's just I have heard Robson make mention Ramadani and Polvara in the same sentence a few times in interviews now, maybe I am wrong but time will tell. The lad has certainly improved a lot and looks like a decent addition to the team (finally) is ha as good as Rama ? in my opinion nae yet but give him games and he can only get better with experience and let the club spend the cash in other areas like defence for example

I know the thread has moved on, but the very mention of the Winters/Dodds deal has triggered my PTSD. Worst transfer deal ever. Shocking, hideous piece of business.

Going for a lie down.

Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast