+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 679 of 923 FirstFirst ... 179579629669677678679680681689729779 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    If you're going to copy and paste some crappy article, you could at least share a link to the original. Even the Forest fan has mastered that.
    Whats crappy about it? Its from the Brexit, Tory supporting mail if you really want to know but I kind of assume all on here are able to google, after all I wouldn't want you to rely on just one source.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Funny how some folk believe Michael Gove when he talks doom and gloom, if he says good things they say he's a liar and talks bull****!
    I didn't actually say whether I believed it or not, although I happen to know that much of the article is true.

I could of course say its funny how Brexit supporters seem reluctant to acknowledge the reality of Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I didn't actually say whether I believed it or not, although I happen to know that much of the article is true.

I could of course say its funny how Brexit supporters seem reluctant to acknowledge the reality of Brexit.
    The reality of Brexit, good or bad, won't be realised for at least 8 YEARS, not 8 DAYS. Jeez

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    The reality of Brexit, good or bad, won't be realised for at least 8 YEARS, not 8 DAYS. Jeez
    Well if you say so, though wasn't it Rees-Mogg who said at least 50 years? Not really sure where you base the 8 years on and why whats happening now isn't reality but hey I guess the more it becomes clear what a mighty mistake it was, the longer the timeframe those who supported the folly will extend the timescale.

I rather think for businesses, the reality is being realised now, in extra red tape, costs and issues with export and import and no doubt those who lose their jobs as a result will take comfort from your assertion.

Here are some realities. Not much traffic at EU ports but there are delays related to paperwork.

One UK truck driver came over to the mainland, truck was searched. He had some sarnies wrapped in aluminium foil in his cab. They were confiscated. Contraband.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I know it’s certainly early days Ram...so I’m not jumping in to say, ‘look, we told you so’...but let’s just consider that statement, ‘the reality of Brexit, good or bad, won’t be realised for at least 8 YEARS...’.
    Where on earth do you get that from? The ‘reality of Brexit’ has started. It is, as I’ve conceded, early days and the pandemic is an added complication but the ‘reality’ is already being ‘realised’.

We’ll have to wait in order to see the bigger picture, but I have to admit to having exactly the same opinion as I did at the time of the Referendum. Indeed the behaviour of the public over Covid has, if anything, reinforced my doubts over the wisdom of passing over the Brexit decision to them in the way we did, but one thing’s for sure...we aren’t going to have to wait until 2029 to to see ‘the reality of Brexit, good or bad, realised’.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 09-01-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I know it’s certainly early days Ram...so I’m not jumping in to say, ‘look, we told you so’...but let’s just consider that statement, ‘the reality of Brexit, good or bad, won’t be realised for at least 8 YEARS...’.
    Where on earth do you get that from? The ‘reality of Brexit’ has started. It is, as I’ve conceded, early days and the pandemic is an added complication but the ‘reality’ is already being ‘realised’.
    The considered view, from all sides, should be ‘its early days’. From what I’ve observed there have been few issues BUT what issues have arisen are biggies, and early Jan is quiet anyway, BUT small issues are being amplified in the media BUT HMG are underplaying early problems. Not sure about 8 years but I think a unit of time that can be measured on a calendar not a stopwatch would be sensible

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Here are some realities. Not much traffic at EU ports but there are delays related to paperwork.

One UK truck driver came over to the mainland, truck was searched. He had some sarnies wrapped in aluminium foil in his cab. They were confiscated. Contraband.
    Contained Marmite , so understood

Has anyone cosidered the EU may not be around in 50 years?
    There are more than enough signs of discontent from outside the UK.
    The picture being painted, is that we will be staring through the window of woe and jealousy, with our rebellion.
    I'm not sure everyone in the EU feels that way. In fact some may already be looking at us that way.
    Again no one will know jack for at least a decade, before the insults start.

We could discuss Brexit forever but remainers and leavers will never agree, it will always be an us and them scenario!

Page 679 of 923 FirstFirst ... 179579629669677678679680681689729779 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)