+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 68 of 560 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by supersamba View Post
    Should maybe of looked at a site near Port Elphinstone and get a canal from there to Aberdeen opened up. Going to a game on a boozy barge would be top hole.
    Awesome plan

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    And park where? Full house at ground ...1300 parking spaces....do the maths....personally I like a meal/couple of pints before the game so driving is out....now I would think a couple of thousand fans out of say 15,000 enjoy a few pints etc.....So we are back to this public/shuttle bus option again....we got 11500 fans at last game.... Do people honestly think we won't get less out in the sticks with no train line and just drive/shuttle buses as options ?

The oil companies at Prime 4 Kingswells, plus the ones surrounding Westhill have all been asked whether they'd been keen of fans using their car parks during matches, be it evening, lunchtimes, afternoons, whenever, and the feedback from them, I'm told, is positive, so you can strike car parking from your list of objections

Now I'm in favour of the new stadium. Ideally I'd of wanted it built as part of a links sports complex but that turned out to be a non starter so out to the sticks we go. I won't personally be going to matches out there as it'll be a logistical nightmare getting there and back and it just won't be the same matchday experience anymore but I'm fairly confident for every city dwelling fan such as myself or mastrick1960 that stop going there will be new teuchter fans that will take our places. Crowds will stay pretty much the same they've always been.

Pittodrie has had it's day. we need a new stadium and there's no alternative / affordable site in the city centre so for the good of the club the sticks it must be. I don't think they will be able to raise the funding mind you so all this debating is fairly pointless.
    Who said I will stop going to watch the Dons ?? You should know me better than that my Yorkshire loving friend

Anyway since most of regular posters on here live outside Aberdeen they can't seem to fathom that longer term I think our crowds will be down after the novelty factor of the new stadium wears off ...come back on this site 5 years after the new stadium has opened and folk will be moaning how we used to get 11000 for killie etc games but now get 9000....

The club are taking the heart out of the club moving from the city.... It is something hibs/hearts fans would not accept and actually did not accept yet our fans seem to forget the way Milne has run our club all these years....

Do you lot honestly think they will get this stadium right design wise ? Steep terracing with singing sections etc ?
    Supporters bar ?

I accept we are moving and hopefully they get all the above right but Milne has not got a good track record so I am not holding my breath

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    Who said I will stop going to watch the Dons ?? You should know me better than that my Yorkshire loving friend

Anyway since most of regular posters on here live outside Aberdeen they can't seem to fathom that longer term I think our crowds will be down after the novelty factor of the new stadium wears off ...come back on this site 5 years after the new stadium has opened and folk will be moaning how we used to get 11000 for killie etc games but now get 9000....

The club are taking the heart out of the club moving from the city.... It is something hibs/hearts fans would not accept and actually did not accept yet our fans seem to forget the way Milne has run our club all these years....

Do you lot honestly think they will get this stadium right design wise ? Steep terracing with singing sections etc ?
    Supporters bar ?

I accept we are moving and hopefully they get all the above right but Milne has not got a good track record so I am not holding my breath
    Hibs and Hearts have strong links to Leith and Gorgie respectively. Being the only big team in the city (and shire), I don't think we have that particular connection with the area where Pittodrie is located as our team represents the whole of the North East, not just an area of a city. Therefore, our support will be more willing a accept moving a significant distance than Hibs or Hearts.

Yule (and possibly Milne as well, I can't remember) have specified that there will be a supporters bar, steep stands and (I believe) a standing/singing area. How much you trust them is up to you I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Canals. It's the future.
    Living in Amsterdam, I can say for sure that Canal's are definitely the future....if you want to disappear as missing and be found with arms missing after falling in half scooped for a boat to rip you apart.

The average here is 2 per month.

If its Sevco fans, its a great idea...

I don't know if this idea has been put forward up till now...

Why not do "an Inverness"?

i.e. play our home matches at another ground whilst Pittodrie gets redeveloped. Keep RDS and flatten/rebuild the other 3.

I'm sure we could agree a deal with one of the Dundee clubs for a groundshare...

One sticking point may be the need to purchase some of the homes at back of the Main Stand, but I think this is worth doing. It keeps us where we belong.

Training complex could still be Kingsford, most clubs train away from their stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubo_Blaha View Post
    Hibs and Hearts have strong links to Leith and Gorgie respectively. Being the only big team in the city (and shire), I don't think we have that particular connection with the area where Pittodrie is located as our team represents the whole of the North East, not just an area of a city. Therefore, our support will be more willing a accept moving a significant distance than Hibs or Hearts.
    The team represents ABERDEEN, the clue is in the name of the club. Of course by extension a lot of people in Aberdeenshire also feel a connection to the club but it should not be forgotten it's the cities club before all else.

but it should not be forgotten it's the cities club before all else.
    And it still will be when they move to their new place which still lies within the city boundaries

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    I don't know if this idea has been put forward up till now...

Why not do "an Inverness"?

i.e. play our home matches at another ground whilst Pittodrie gets redeveloped. Keep RDS and flatten/rebuild the other 3.

I'm sure we could agree a deal with one of the Dundee clubs for a groundshare...

One sticking point may be the need to purchase some of the homes at back of the Main Stand, but I think this is worth doing. It keeps us where we belong.

Training complex could still be Kingsford, most clubs train away from their stadium.
    When we have fans that live in the city say they won't go to Kingsford due to "logistical" reasons, there is no way they are going to get themselves down to Dundee to watch their team. An Aberdeen side playing in Dundee every couple of weeks is financial suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    I'm not sure the "Hey, I know we say we're a community club, but see yer home of however many years, would you f'uck off out of it so we can appease a bunch of moaning faced ****s" look is really one we should be going for.

Page 68 of 560 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast