+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 68 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: The funsters

Could these elaborate plans be a big red herring and what The Fun’s Yankee doodles actually plan to do is play their games at Camperdown right enough, but on one of the old cooncil pitches? Few stakes in the ground and ring the pitch with rope to hold back the baying whores. Obviously to achieve the monumentous happening, The Fun would need to drop like a stone out of professional fitba and into the amateur leagues, some might say they have started this already. Once again, just a thought.

FTD4life

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    At least your Grandfather would have kissed silver. (if he is over 65)
    Not aware that my Grandfather actually liked football, but that doesnt fit the joke sadly!

The Texans need to get their money back and this is the only avenue left open to them.I'm not sure if posters are aware but the new stadium will not be owned by DFC it will be rented to them by FPS.One day in the future the Texans will sell up but will still be able to recover millions in losses incurred through a mega lease that DFC will be tied to.

It may well be that in the future the Dees will finally get an owner who wants to buy the new stadium and gift it back to the club but either way Tim Keyes will get back most if not all the money he has invested.Failure to deliver the new stadium would leave Keyes millions in the red so he really needs to deliver the new facility regardless of the league the club are in.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The Texans need to get their money back and this is the only avenue left open to them.I'm not sure if posters are aware but the new stadium will not be owned by DFC it will be rented to them by FPS.One day in the future the Texans will sell up but will still be able to recover millions in losses incurred through a mega lease that DFC will be tied to.

It may well be that in the future the Dees will finally get an owner who wants to buy the new stadium and gift it back to the club but either way Tim Keyes will get back most if not all the money he has invested.Failure to deliver the new stadium would leave Keyes millions in the red so he really needs to deliver the new facility regardless of the league the club are in.
    Will the monorail be available to the general public? If so could be a nice little earner

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Will the monorail be available to the general public? If so could be a nice little earner
    Yes but only if auld Deetox gets his DFC win a million bingo plans up and running.

Yes but only if auld Deetox gets his DFC win a million bingo plans up and running.

A lot of what you say makes sense but you sound a lot more hopeful than I am

I maybe missed it, but why would the Texans sell the new stadium? Surely they would not want to burden the new owners when they have not taken on the burden that is The Coup!

The Texans need to get their money back and this is the only avenue left open to them.I'm not sure if posters are aware but the new stadium will not be owned by DFC it will be rented to them by FPS.One day in the future the Texans will sell up but will still be able to recover millions in losses incurred through a mega lease that DFC will be tied to...

... It may well be that in the future the Dees will finally get an owner who wants to buy the new stadium and gift it back to the club but either way Tim Keyes will get back most if not all the money he has invested.Failure to deliver the new stadium would leave Keyes millions in the red so he really needs to deliver the new facility regardless of the league the club are in.
    Sorry Gunboat
    So DFC will not own their own stadium? ...
    ... Will they own the crematorium? ...
    ... Will they own the training ground and hotel?...
    Oh dear ... what a tangled web they weave...
    I don't like the sheds they hope to build anyway...
    A ground to be proud of needs an interesting architecture that the fans can identify with...
    It's not happening anyway... We know that ... so at least they could be adventurous with their vision ... instead of four corrugated sheds... Which might end up with only two ... and two more to be built ... when they get back to the Premiership... Like never...
    Last edited by Jim_Jam; 25-03-2022 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Not aware that my Grandfather actually liked football, but that doesnt fit the joke sadly!
    So why exactly will your grandfather mind if I split my sides over an absurd, laughable football club if your grandfather doesn't actually like football.
    Maybe he was a Dundee FC fan as he didn't like football. I can see the logic in that right enough.

Page 68 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)