+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

East football doing their best to sell Shankland to the Huns 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Who's writing him off after one game vs Arbroath?
    Cove fans love him, and rightly so, but that means nothing in terms of him being ready for The Premiership.
    Like I say, if he's not going to feature much this season, he'd benefit from going out on loan to a level higher than where he's been previously. Boys like him need game time. I'm sure the manager will know what's best for him.
    I hope he does. The last one certainly didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by swanny14 View Post
    I hope he does. The last one certainly didn't.
    Based on what though? I didn't see anything to suggest he was ready for regular game time. We needed our best 11 on the park every game and imo he wasn't part of the best 11. This isn't a slant on Glass, he just wasn't quite ready in my opinion. He didn't do enough when called upon to convince me otherwise either.
    Its a big ask asking a kid whose only had two 6 month lower league loan spells to jump from League Two football straight into a Championship title fight. It'll be even bigger to ask him to then make yet another step up into a Premiership survival fight/bid for top six (whatever it turns out to be).

Based on what though? I didn't see anything to suggest he was ready for regular game time. We needed our best 11 on the park every game and imo he wasn't part of the best 11. This isn't a slant on Glass, he just wasn't quite ready in my opinion. He didn't do enough when called upon to convince me otherwise either.
    Its a big ask asking a kid whose only had two 6 month lower league loan spells to jump from League Two football straight into a Championship title fight. It'll be even bigger to ask him to then make yet another step up into a Premiership survival fight/bid for top six (whatever it turns out to be).
    I agree, we can't be playing young lads for the sake of it, they need to earn their minutes on the pitch at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Disagree on Smith especially. Time will tell, but I think he'll be absolutely fine in the Premiership. Robson I thought was good against Hibs at home considering he was chucked right back in after injury.

Agree on Mochrie, would love to see him get decent game time. Glass definitely has plenty to offer too but is 3 years older than Mochrie - he needs to show that when he gets the chance or he will be back out on loan. Same with Chalmers.
    This for me, I dont think there is much between Mochrie and Glass, Mochrie is bigger physically and quicker maybe but the crucial thing is at 17 he is 3 years younger

Jackson Irvine rumours

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Jackson Irvine rumours
    Yeah, from a guy on Tek but no idea what his source is. I think it's highly unlikely we can meet his wage requirement tbh

Reported to have been on £8K a week at Hull, so would be some drop. Reading he turned down a £150K a week deal from a Chinese club a few years back though, so who knows. Money clearly isn't his motivation.

Reported to have been on £8K a week at Hull, so would be some drop. Reading he turned down a £150K a week deal from a Chinese club a few years back though, so who knows. Money clearly isn't his motivation.
    £150,000 a fecking week!! If he turned that down he needs his head looking at 😂

I'd still like to know where the rumours come from though

Page 69 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)