+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 696 of 931 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698706746796 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 9310

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Cracking front cover from the latest issue of Private Eye, has Ursula von der Leyen saying "Bloody British coming over here and stealing our jabs!" laugh I nearly pissed myself!

Point 2 above might actually therefore help labour's image albeit at the possible expense of M&S support, but who else have M&S got to vote for?

Its a win-win I think - a slap down for snowflakes and momentum but not at the risk of losing electoral support from them, whilst at the same time attempting to recapture the brexit supporting core support with some faux nationalism.

Cynical maybe, successful, probably. And if nothing else the new version of labour puts gaining power above philosophy, whist the Corbyn version did the reverse, putting an unelectable manifesto ahead of gaining power. Looks like a battle for John Bull will commence

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Point 2 above might actually therefore help labour's image albeit at the possible expense of M&S support, but who else have M&S got to vote for?

Its a win-win I think - a slap down for snowflakes and momentum but not at the risk of losing electoral support from them, whilst at the same time attempting to recapture the brexit supporting core support with some faux nationalism.

Cynical maybe, successful, probably. And if nothing else the new version of labour puts gaining power above philosophy, whist the Corbyn version did the reverse, putting an unelectable manifesto ahead of gaining power. Looks like a battle for John Bull will commence
    So can I assume Land Of Hope And Glory will feature at the proms this year?

‘Slapdown for the Snowflakes’ for some perverse reason reminds me of a Bowie song...I need to go and research

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

‘Slapdown for the Snowflakes’ for some perverse reason reminds me of a Bowie song...I need to go and research

You can assume what you like, but it was nothing to do with so called snowflakes that it was proposed that Land of Hope and Glory wouldn't be sung last year (except of course in the minds of the crazed right wing people.

Mm must think up a catchy label for people who are resistant to change, don't live in the present and moan about inconsequential things that are largely irrelevant to life! Arseholes perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Hardly, perhaps a resetting of approach, in understanding that a lot of the electorate are basically thick and if you want their votes then you need straightforward simplistic symbolism that appeals to them.!

I don't actually think Starma's approach of getting past Brexit is going to work, simply because it is going to prove such a cluster**** for the UK, that he will have to address the issue and he will piss off a huge number of Labour supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Mm must think up a catchy label for people who are resistant to change, don't live in the present and moan about inconsequential things that are largely irrelevant to life! Arseholes perhaps?
    Tories, Brexiteers, Reactionaries, Parkstones...maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You can assume what you like, but it was nothing to do with so called snowflakes that it was proposed that Land of Hope and Glory wouldn't be sung last year (except of course in the minds of the crazed right wing people.

Tell you what, and just for you because everyone else seems to get it, when I’m indulging in a bit of good natured joshing I’ll start writing in italics, will that help?

You do seem a little upset for so early an hour though, maybe I could get my IT pal to create an ad blocker that blocks Union flags?

Drive In Saturday. The words just scan the same as ‘crash course for the Ravers’ is all, maybe I’ll pop them in if ever my covers band gets back gigging

Tell you what, and just for you because everyone else seems to get it, when I’m indulging in a bit of good natured joshing I’ll start writing in italics, will that help?

You do seem a little upset for so early an hour though, maybe I could get my IT pal to create an ad blocker that blocks Union flags?
    ooh dear a wee bit sensitive today aren't we?

You do seem to get the wrong end of the stick a lot of the time, I was merely responding with some good natured joshing of my own! After all if you can light heartedly repeat fake news and spray insulting labels around, then so can anyone else.

Damn them whiteys a sooo sensitive man!

Something has just occurred to me. Swale, you protest that you are not racist (casually or otherwise) when making these comments about de white folk - but how do we know that you are neither black nor Asian yourself? How do we know I am not?
    For if you are, then you are in fact guilty of making an inflammatory racist suggestion, so come on then, time to fess up.

Statistically there are (just) enough people actively posting in this forum to suggest we have a BAME poster amongst us, and as rA is the statistical one gay poster, maybe this is you?

Page 696 of 931 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698706746796 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)