+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports fixtures being cancelled in sympathy with BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'm not a betting man Roly but I would give you good odds that if I was ever to be shot dead here in the US it would be much more likely by a black criminal than it would by a cop of any colour.
    Dunno if that is true or not Camiller but it would be handy if you had somebstatistics to prove that. In the mean time this may be worth a read which suggests blacks are more in favour of gun controls and also some interesting stuff on poverty and links to violence. Maybe if the USA was not so poverty ridden you may not have the same problems with gun violence. Just a thought.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/socia...rom%20%251%24s

Yet some folks on here generally will not acknowledge that poverty is not a problem in the world as they live their privileged and cossetted lives. It aint for them I suppose but unless they do summat to address it it will bite em on the ar se

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Dunno if that is true or not Camiller but it would be handy if you had somebstatistics to prove that.
    Of course it's true.

Do you really think that the police kill more white people than black criminals? Or white criminals? Or Hispanic criminals?

The great master of truth great fire speaketh. Or is it the master of bollax.

It's strange on here that the "mob" often equates to a group of people defending someone's rights. What do you actually call a group of people who defends someone's rights then Kerr or is that not allowed on your world so no such world exists to define it. It's like I have often said on here if it as up to people like Kerr all our kids would be stuck up feckin chimneys and we would be bowing and scraping to the lords of the manor.
    Were you trying to prove my point with that post, Roly?

If you read my post carefully and with an open mind, you might be able to spot that I was defending someone’s rights. The police officer is entitled to a fair trial rather than being tried by the internet lynch mob. Surely you can agree with that?

It’s beyond doubt that black people have suffered from injustices as a consequence of their skin colour, but making assumptions and risking injustice towards white police officers isn’t going to help.

The chimney comment was just stupid.

Why was it stupid? Enlighten me oh learned one..

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Or maybe its just another black guy shot dead by white cops in a rancid country eged on by a despicable government and people are making excuses for it.
    Possibly. Or maybe it is a copper who wanted to go home to his family that evening and perceived that he was under mortal threat? Neither of us know, but I fear that only one of us has an open mind on the subject whilst the other is a fully fledged member of the lynch mob.

This is the problem with the orthodoxy of the current Left. Dawn Butler gets stopped whilst travelling in a car and it is immediately a matter of ‘racial profiling’, basically because she says so. The coppers involved – working people – aren’t allowed to get a word in edgeways. The allegation is made and that’s enough.

P.s. Blake wasn't shot dead. I think your rhetoric ran away with you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

P.s. Blake wasn't shot dead. I think your rhetoric ran away with you on that.
    I think he must say it to make his argument sound better.

The great master of truth great fire speaketh. Or is it the master of bollax.
    996 fatal police shootings in 2018, 399 of whom were white.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

14,123 total murders in 2018, 6,088 of whom were white.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ty-and-gender/

Can you work it out?

And that's without factoring in the fact that CAMiller is not, I assume, a criminal, and therefore is unlikely to come into contact with police, and if he was, is unlikely to resist arrest.
    Last edited by great_fire; 30-08-2020 at 10:00 PM.

I dunno but this copper must have been piss poor with a gun. 7 shots even smith would score with 7 shots! He plainly was getting some perverse kick out of it whether the guy was at fault or not. That's the trouble with the yank culture everybody thinks they are in John Wayne movie all exacerbated by stupid gun laws which the feckin moron at the top will do nowt about.
    Roly I very much doubt that the guy was staying very still so he could be shot, also he'd been tazered and was still active so he could have taken an illegal substance enhancing his strength/tolerance to pain.Until the outcome of an inquirey/trial we will not know the full picture.
    I was a ban the guns fan however thinking about it you have to remember that USA is massive and if you dont live in a town or city you could be 10s of miles from police help, so a weapon is probably required maybe CAM could enlighten us on this.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast