+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Sorry to see Sadlier go

Always sad to see a member of the'family' go. He had some excellent moments, but I didn't see anyone with his name on their shirt.
    Good luck to him in his new challenge.

We have a manager who in his playing days wasn't very skilful but would run and run, we now play a press where he expects everyone to run and run. Unfortunately Sadlier neither has pace or stamina to play how Warne wants. He wasn't good enough as a wing back as he couldn't defend, even if we played with wingers which he was brought in for, he'd be expected to track back which he doesn't do. A skilful player, but needs to be left up in the attacking third without the worry of defending.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Can't quite believe what I am reading here.

The only mistake we made with Sadlier, was buying him in the first place.

Can't remember him doing anything at all in any game that mattered ( oh hang on was it Sads who missed the penalty against Sheff Wed, just before half time?)

He was mardy, introverted, lazy and selfish. He had a terrible attitude which communicated the over inflated opinion he had of himself

Good riddance to the moping Morissey of RUFC. He won't be pulling up any trees anywhere until he grows up.

It's only banter posters who thinks Sadlier had something shouldn't take much notice. I thought Sadlier might have something to offer but in the end I gave up on him. Can't be doing with players who try things that don't work very often that puts opposition sides at an advantage.

Never a Paul Warne type player and I was surprised we signed him in the first place.

My main memory of him is missing a penalty against Wednesday. Good save though.

Best compliment I can give him is that he’s better than Vassell who was given far more playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Can't quite believe what I am reading here.

The only mistake we made with Sadlier, was buying him in the first place.

Can't remember him doing anything at all in any game that mattered ( oh hang on was it Sads who missed the penalty against Sheff Wed, just before half time?)

He was mardy, introverted, lazy and selfish. He had a terrible attitude which communicated the over inflated opinion he had of himself

Good riddance to the moping Morissey of RUFC. He won't be pulling up any trees anywhere until he grows up.
    What a horrible post to write. It's posts like this that give genuine Millers supports a bad name. Genuine fans support and get behind their team. You have taken to posting something about a now ex Millers player that could you only comment on from having met the player, yet we all know that's likely not the case.

It's also interesting that your observations are at complete contrast with what Paul Warne wrote about Sadlier yesterday, describing him as hard working, patient and a pleasure to work with and that he completely understood his frustrations and desire to leave after getting so little game time. Warne also explained that they changed the system we play shortly after signing him and that Wing Back and central midfield were not positions that suited him.

It didn't work out for the lad who clearly has talent but didn't fit the way that Rotherham play, good luck to him in his new club.

It's a shame when anyone leaves, unless they are utter sh*te,Sandler wasn't, he was just ok at some things.
    Nothing to do with bad management Grist either, just not good enough for us,and he wants to play more,which is understandable, so best for everyone he moves on.
    Good luck Kieran.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    It's a shame when anyone leaves, unless they are utter sh*te,Sandler wasn't, he was just ok at some things.
    Nothing to do with bad management Grist either, just not good enough for us,and he wants to play more,which is understandable, so best for everyone he moves on.
    Good luck Kieran.
    Nothing to do with management?

Was it this management team that signed him in the first place?

I often wonder how a young Matt Le Tissier would get on with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Nothing to do with management?

Was it this management team that signed him in the first place?

I often wonder how a young Matt Le Tissier would get on with us.
    Why on earth do you wonder that?

The last great player that worked hard made goal & scored goals was Rod Fern but we will never be able to afford a player of that class anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Probably be on the bench 😉
    ......and he is! Hope he comes on and scores the winner 🙂

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast