+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: England tonight

Gareth's tactical genius is to lull the opposition by qualifying by the skin of our teeth and playing the worst football we've seen an England team play in years. No sane manager would ever substitute Kane, Saka and Foden unless he had something up his sleeve or a cunning plan as Baldric would say. I've seen more action in walking football than we saw today, I've seen top class players giving the ball away and looking more static than a telegraph pole, in fact 11 telegraph poles could have given us a serious game today.

England have never won their two opening games at the Euros. What did fans expect v Denmark? Booing them off at the end of the game shows that singular lack of realism that Swiss has already alluded to.

Well wtf was all that about. Me and the Mrs sat through 90mins of that sh!te and by the end she was ordering zambuka shots, that's how bored she was.
    Disgraceful, shambolic, very much like Burnley last season. Southall has the tools at his disposal, but the tools looked lost.

The pressure of the nation is on the shoulders of Southgate and the squad. Lets hope they turn it around and produce a performance we can be proud of

If any football manager can make Bellingham look worse than ordinary he needs to go. We had no midfield until Gallagher came on with a bit of Snap, Crackle & Pop.

I'm currently watching Spain who will, I have no doubt meet Germany in the final and it's like watching a totally different form of technical football and tactical nous.

Southgate MUST go!

You and I and most sane commentators know that part of the problem is Gareth starts with THREE right backs in the line up so the whole team is lopsided from the off. I had not realised until last night that the main problem is the absence of Kalvin Phillips. I should have known. The squad out in Germany should have known. We should all hang our heads in shame. Gareth is a tactical genius and no wonder the suits at the FA want to stuff another contract in his pocket. I think even Gareth might baulk at signing one with failure in Germany

On Tuesday Gareth should just say "Express yourselves" and not tie them in knots with his convoluted over cautious negative tactics, either that or resign which would probably have the same effect.

It is almost impossible to imagine an international manager of some repute can claim he has had "no midfield" for EIGHT years.

Bewildering his bosses have not sacked him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If any football manager can make Bellingham look worse than ordinary he needs to go. We had no midfield until Gallagher came on with a bit of Snap, Crackle & Pop.

Southgate MUST go!
    Don't worry mon ami, he's a dead man walking. Even his fanboys in the media have given up on him now and everyone is piling in. His only chance is to turn this round, start playing well and winning games, and we know that's not likely to happen is it. He's toast.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Don't worry mon ami, he's a dead man walking. Even his fanboys in the media have given up on him now and everyone is piling in. His only chance is to turn this round, start playing well and winning games, and we know that's not likely to happen is it. He's toast.
    They are only jealous Sinkov.Name me another manager who could get these results out of the group of players that he has available. One.It is a lot harder than it seems from the outside.He is the Special.
    These players who are used to getting coached by Pep,Arteta,Klopp,Ancelotti and their ilk-can you imagine what they say to each other in private about Gareth?There is no way any of the ones mentioned above could get the team playing this bad.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 22-06-2024 at 02:29 PM.

You'd think if he can't get his favoured formation to work, and he can't, Gareth might try something different, after all there are numerous other options and his players will have played in most of them, but it seems not,

"Meanwhile, Bowen revealed that England have yet to train with another formation after playing 4-2-3-1 in the first two matches, but added: “There are always different little tweaks in preparation in terms of how you press and how you play with the ball.”

So two holding midfield players again, handbrake still on, and more dross served up. Just like Mrs T all those years ago, Gareth is not for turning.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)