+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Next WBA Manager

Steve shagging Bruce, it’s come to this.

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Wasn’t it Alex MacLeish that won the league cup with blues ?
    Just checked it was Alex.

Brucie has a 37.6 percent win rate with all the 10 clubs he's managed.

Championship runner up 2007 with Blues

made the Football League First Division play-offs: 2002 but lost with Blues

FA Cup runner-up 2013–14 with Hull

Football League Championship runner-up again 2012–13 with Hull

Football League Championship play-offs: 2016 but lost

That's about it really hope he knows this time round that points make prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My mate knows someone inside the club. The deal is done, 18 months for Bruce to be announced Thursday.
    And 18 weeks for him to be given the big boot again.
    I take it the majority of you din't want Bruce then.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Wouldn't have been my choice, but let's a least give him a fair crack if he does get the job.
    Maybe a cup final on the cards, Got Hull to Fa Cup final and won the League cup with Blues , which was the last trophy to come to the West Midlands
    I agree he wouldn't be my first choice but we need someone to come in and steady a rocking ship, Bruce has worked with some of the squad already and will be respected, Val was as risk that didn't work partly because the players refused to buy into his plan we need to consolidate for the rest of this season and see what happens.

He wouldn’t be my second choice; or third! What with the ******* at Sky changing our match days and the wretched Lai ruining our club, I’ve just about had it with this shambles. There will be no season tickets for us next time round. It all makes me very angry, I have supported this club for more years than I care to remember and despite all the previous ups and downs, there have been some great times and many good people; all this spoiled for us supporters by people who care nothing for the club, nothing for football, just money grabbing ********! At least one of them, Lai, looks like he will actually lose money.

FOL

Whoever it is they'll do well to lift the doom and gloom and get us into the play offs.

Don't these people running our club have any idea what the fans want? I think most fans would be quite happy if we appointed somebody with the long term in mind and to forget any thoughts of promotion this season. With the greatest respect, the majority don't want Steve Bruce. Haven't the Board got the common sense to realise this and that without the fans' support, as happened with Ismael, it would be absolute stupidity to appoint him. I've nothing against Bruce but is he the right person to be appointing when the club needs the fans on their side. I don't think so. If he is appointed it will just mean more fan unrest which is something we can certainly do without at this moment in time. For goodness sake, think, for once!

Hey Ketts, that sounds like the same sh*it, but from different owners.
    We're thinking exactly the same and our fans are also turning away in numbers now.
    By the sounds of it like your club, we're also being run by a group of foreign owners who are not football people, and who are only in it for financial profit.
    I wish the Efl could step up here and stop this from happening at their clubs, but I suppose they aren't actually breaking any laws are they.

Bruce has done well at most of the clubs he's managed, I'm not unhappy with this choice.

He's also got a bit of personality and the guy is a true pro.

He also hates Lee Hendrie and this for me is a big plus!

He'll get us up this year or next, we'll then get bored with the "style of play", sack him, appoint a completely ill-fitting manager and be having this same conversation in 2025 about the decision to appoint Davis Moyes.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)