+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Matchday Thread: Bolton v Derby

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Players changing position (Smith). RB may well be his long term role. I then take a look at a player who started out life as a left winger, was changed to left Mid, then left WB, then LB and now, it seems, a capable CH at this level. Following Rooney's, now confirmed ACL problem, RB could be the way forward for Smith
    I guess it depends upon the formation, Smith hasn't played RWB to my knowledge, Rooney has played RCB this season, I guess we will see how things pan out going forward. At least we have Cashin until January.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I can only agree with every word of that.

Swale, if after all this time you only ‘think’ AF and I are questioning the effectiveness of the three at the back strategy and you genuinely don’t understand the relevance of our performances since late January then there’s honestly little point in ‘debating’ further.

I have no interest in any juvenile point scoring argument...it just bores everyone. We both hope for the same thing. Let’s hope we get there without the need for further upheaval. Personally I am less optimistic than I was but in Mr. Clowes I still trust.
    Ra, you avoiding the fact that after a defeat, you were posting doom and gloom and took no account of the context of that defeat. In fact you still haven't which makes you look a little like one of those fans who thinks administration was a little difficulty we have got over and Derby should be walking this league. I did think you were more astute than that but obviously not and yes I get its boring when you get a detailed response which demolishes the majority of your "concerns", you either admit you were OTT, or back off, you've done the latter. Fair enough.

After all what time? How long has Warne tried to play 3-5-2 consistently? Also where in my response did I say anything about "thinking" AF and you have concerns about 3 at the back.? You need to read what I actually said me thinks.

Anyhow the difference between what you have posted and what AF has posted is that he has identified the issues succinctly and actually I don't disagree, other than his thoughts that Warne will persist with playing the players he has brought in, might be too stubborn to change formation if it doesn't work and has recruited so-so defenders.

He has already dropped Elder who hasn't performed and shuffles the pack where necessary. formation wise he might not have much choice with the injuries, but wouldn't see him sticking to a tactic that isn't working and its too early to judge the defenders, though Bradley hasn't covered himself in glory.

Who have thought it, an accountant able to convey his thoughts more clearly than an ex teacher?

Swale...you know as well as I do it wasn’t a ‘doom and gloom’ response. I said it was ‘one of those days’ and referred to ‘concerns’ about our defence.
    Of course there were mitigating circumstances at Bolton...but I’ve been talking about the season as a whole. We’ve had two slightly fortunate clean sheets against two of the bottom clubs. I wasn’t at Burton but hear we were a tad lucky. I was at the Fleetwood match and compared with Oxford four days earlier we showed some fight, but were fortunate not to concede.
    Those two games apart we’ve been routinely conceding two goals a game and that has to be a source of ‘concern’. Whether it’s down to formation and whether Warne will be too stubborn to change remains to be seen but we aren’t as defensively strong as we were.
    Fact is...since the end of January we’ve won ten out of twenty six games, invariably against the weaker teams in the league and that too is a ‘concern’.
    If you don’t share them and want to think all is well in ‘DCFC World’ that’s fair enough, you’re perfectly entitled to your view...as I am to mine.
    As for the ‘ex teacher’ bit...what on earth has the way I used to earn a living got to do with anything? One minute you’re finding fault because apparently I use ‘perfect prose’ (your words not mine)...the next I’m apparently not clear enough. Make your mind up chap, or better still, just drop the personal crap altogether because at the moment ‘debating’ with you is like having one of those irritating ankle nipping little dogs snapping about and I’m beginning to feel a bit sorry for Rats.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)