+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming games

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Not worth a new thread so i will just throw it in here.Liverpool's brilliant 2nd goal v West Ham.If you watch it i know its well beyond anything we can produce BUT.

Robertson defends a corner against and heads it clear to the other fullback who plays a long pass to Shaqiri who plays an amazing ball to Sala who controls and finishes with majestic poise.

One of the first players to congratulate Sala is none other than Andy Robertson who through sheer hard work and effort has made up 80 yards in a flash on the counter,i appreciate his application as much as the beauty of the goal.
    Was utterly majestic mate.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Not worth a new thread so i will just throw it in here.Liverpool's brilliant 2nd goal v West Ham.If you watch it i know its well beyond anything we can produce BUT.

Robertson defends a corner against and heads it clear to the other fullback who plays a long pass to Shaqiri who plays an amazing ball to Sala who controls and finishes with majestic poise.

One of the first players to congratulate Sala is none other than Andy Robertson who through sheer hard work and effort has made up 80 yards in a flash on the counter,i appreciate his application as much as the beauty of the goal.
    Their 3rd goal wasn't too shabby either. We have lacked anything like that since the Armstrong, Gauld, Robertson (funnily enough) halcyon days but it doesn't need to stop our midfield players trying to bust a gut to try and support our front line when when we do create the odd attack. I look at our team and see too many players that are a soft touch (Robson, Harkes, Reynolds, Bolton, Pawlett, Clark) and are easily brushed off the ball as opposed to teams outwith the top four like Livingston, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Motherwell who have teams full of hardier professionals who know their jobs and do it competently. I thought yesterday was a wee bit better but we need a lot more than that. Fuchs staying fit is going to paramount for us going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    I don’t post very often because I’m a grumpy old sod and that’s reflected in what I post. This one is no different. Sorry
    One concern for me is the ‘only a championship squad’ continually used. Even if true it now seems to be a ‘comfy blanket’ that makes unacceptable performances okay.
    Read MM’s comments in the papers this morning and his emphasis was on penalties given and not given. Nothing wrong with what he said but is that really why he thinks we lost both games.
    If, at any point, you see MM in the media having a go at ANY of our players (even in general terms and not by name) then it's game over for him.

Quote Originally Posted by wolvesarab View Post
    Their 3rd goal wasn't too shabby either. We have lacked anything like that since the Armstrong, Gauld, Robertson (funnily enough) halcyon days but it doesn't need to stop our midfield players trying to bust a gut to try and support our front line when when we do create the odd attack. I look at our team and see too many players that are a soft touch (Robson, Harkes, Reynolds, Bolton, Pawlett, Clark) and are easily brushed off the ball as opposed to teams outwith the top four like Livingston, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Motherwell who have teams full of hardier professionals who know their jobs and do it competently. I thought yesterday was a wee bit better but we need a lot more than that. Fuchs staying fit is going to paramount for us going forward.
    "New Member" my ar*e ....

In saying that , your input has been great. That is exactly what we all should be reading and joining in with.

There is no clique in here (allegedly) mon now TTT

Quote Originally Posted by wolvesarab View Post
    I really dinnie want to make scapegoats from a herd who at the moment are full of failures but Robson really needs to look at the work rate of his predecessor Robertson.
    It was so disappointing watching him getting ragdollled yesterday,i appreciate he will never have Robertson's ability but it is possible for him to work harder in the gym on the training pitch and have a good career in the game.
    At the moment he is heading in the direction of the lower league's but i honestly think with the right attitude he could play at Premiership level possibly even a bit higher.

Robson is a strange one. He started this season very well and looked comfortable at this level but for a while his form has dropped badly. What i will give him the benefit of doubt with (and with a few others) This is his first season in the top flight so I think he just needs to adapt to going up a level. Robertson will always be the comparison but lets face it he was a one off. Robson just needs to keep working hard and trying his best to reach that potential he has. He is still only 23 so still plenty of time to improve. Let's remember it took him till last season before he was even a starter for us although he seems to have been around of years. Maybe needs to be taken out of the team currently due to form and could do with serious competition to push him on but in general he will improve imo.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Robson is a strange one. He started this season very well and looked comfortable at this level but for a while his form has dropped badly. What i will give him the benefit of doubt with (and with a few others) This is his first season in the top flight so I think he just needs to adapt to going up a level. Robertson will always be the comparison but lets face it he was a one off. Robson just needs to keep working hard and trying his best to reach that potential he has. He is still only 23 so still plenty of time to improve. Let's remember it took him till last season before he was even a starter for us although he seems to have been around of years. Maybe needs to be taken out of the team currently due to form and could do with serious competition to push him on but in general he will improve imo.
    I am probably being too harsh on the boy but when he phucks up it looks like he's about to burst into tears.BTW join the club son i'm in floods in the Bedsit.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If, at any point, you see MM in the media having a go at ANY of our players (even in general terms and not by name) then it's game over for him.
    I get that Terry and I wouldn’t expect him to do that.
    Honestly don’t know what I want to hear from him because he’s between a rock and a hard place.
    No doubt we were hard done by in both games with the penalty decisions but we were losing both at the time.
    Assuming you watched the games do you think we were likely to get something.

Not sure what everyone's thought's are but the weather forecast for Scotland from Tuesday onwards is looking awful.We could well be in for the highest snowfall of the winter which may just put the whole midweek card in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    I get that Terry and I wouldn’t expect him to do that.
    Honestly don’t know what I want to hear from him because he’s between a rock and a hard place.
    No doubt we were hard done by in both games with the penalty decisions but we were losing both at the time.
    Assuming you watched the games do you think we were likely to get something.
    I would be surprised if anyone really thinks that the results would have been any different,i thought we were losing in midweek after about 5 minutes.The Hibs game was better but after going a goal down i never felt we could win it.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)