+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Green on his way

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Well to be fair your reply might have been 'directed' at WTF but it was actually 'a reply' to me.

I'm pretty sure that WTF doesn't have a patent on the phrase 'missed point' too. I've heard it used a few times by a wide variety of people over the years.

All i said was that i had my doubts about Wiedwald's qualities - as i said before, posting a comment on an online forum, which is what this is for. I didn't expect a point of view to be so controversial lol.

Makes you realise why people stop posting on these sites after a while though...
    Getting confusing on this thread...I replied under WTF's post to the "shyte" remarks re BB. Then I made a reference to you on the "missed point" which I have referenced of late as WTF accuses everyone of missing his..then I went on to explain my points were aimed at the said WTF and outlined points WTF raised.....WTF's going on here

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Are you as thick as you make out? Yes, he's gone for the money, NOW! Would he have been interested had the club treated him a little better given his contribution last season, we won't know, but doing what they did just about made it a racing certainty he would go if better money was offered, which it was, and he did!

I notice in your response, yet again, you fail to respond to my question about how YOU would react in the same situation as Green, and suggest just how what the club did, not the player, that was sound man management?

As for never waiting to "jump on something at the club", no I didn't wait, I said when Wiedwald was signed and Silvestri sold that it would result in Green leaving, not negative or positive, just logical, and that's what has happened. Rather than suggesting he "does one", I'm sorry to see him go, and I wish him well, because without him last season we'd have had a mid-table finish at best, (just as without Wood the same would have happened but I see other have been eager to bad-mouth the guy for going to Burnley, why, in todays "business" atmosphere around football?).
    The guy who starts crying when name called...glass houses...

What if...Agent and Green decide they won't really fit in with the new type of play TC wants (He doesn't..You seem to miss this point)...what if his agent then puts word around he client may be up for a move depending on wages...
    What if Huddersfield now loaded with new PL money and goalkeepers decide they need an experienced keeper to be on call as 3rd choice, because they can afford it.
    What if Green went to TC, both agreed that Rob's distribution will probably not suit the team, at this stage of his career he is not willing to sit it out on bench and has the opportunity of one last payday and to be fair to him for his efforts of last year...rip up his contract so he can walk into a new club without the hindrance of Leeds asking any transfer fee......
    I know it's kinda hard for you to fathom but maybe LUFC actually did the right thing for player and club.
    Lonergan is much the same as Green, last time he was here he actually played well. Difference is he is willing to wait his opportunity to win a 1st team place, exactly the type of player we want, were done with journeymen.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post

What if...Agent and Green decide they won't really fit in with the new type of play TC wants (He doesn't..You seem to miss this point)...what if his agent then puts word around he client may be up for a move depending on wages...
    What if Huddersfield now loaded with new PL money and goalkeepers decide they need an experienced keeper to be on call as 3rd choice, because they can afford it.
    What if Green went to TC, both agreed that Rob's distribution will probably not suit the team, at this stage of his career he is not willing to sit it out on bench and has the opportunity of one last payday and to be fair to him for his efforts of last year...rip up his contract so he can walk into a new club without the hindrance of Leeds asking any transfer fee......
    I know it's kinda hard for you to fathom but maybe LUFC actually did the right thing for player and club.
    Lonergan is much the same as Green, last time he was here he actually played well. Difference is he is willing to wait his opportunity to win a 1st team place, exactly the type of player we want, were done with journeymen.
    WTF are you on about, "the guy who starts crying etc etc"? Whatever.....

How many times can you put "what if" and "maybe" in combination in a single post?

At least you give Green some credit for last season, rather refreshing for you.

And "Lonergan is much the same as Green.....", why the f00k did we get rid if he was so good? He's back because, as you put it (paraphrasing) he's a sticking plaster solution to a problem of the clubs own making, and THAT'S why all your earlier "what ifs" are so much empty hot air, unless of course you think the club WANTED the situation we have now?

Just to be helpful, refer back to your post yesterday, suggesting Lonergan was "not a long term replacement", can't have it both ways m8, "willing to wait" but unlikely to be with us long enough, you suggest which?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    WTF are you on about, "the guy who starts crying etc etc"? Whatever.....

How many times can you put "what if" and "maybe" in combination in a single post?

At least you give Green some credit for last season, rather refreshing for you.

And "Lonergan is much the same as Green.....", why the f00k did we get rid if he was so good? He's back because, as you put it (paraphrasing) he's a sticking plaster solution to a problem of the clubs own making, and THAT'S why all your earlier "what ifs" are so much empty hot air, unless of course you think the club WANTED the situation we have now?
    Hmmm, irony seems to go over your Roofe.

Firstly crying...you often moan at folk who name call you, yet you regularly do the same...pot and kettle...if you can understand that?

Why so many "what if" and "maybe"...because I was trying to elaborately highlight the fact that neither you or me know the exact background or conversations that led to Green leaving.
    However it would seem we agree that it's mainly due to money. Also seems obvious to me, that after injury he either doesn't think he should have to work to win his place back or has decided the role of the expected role of a goalkeeper this year under TC doesn't suit him....

We are unbeaten, this despite a number of injuries in defence and selling our leading goalscorer (who wanted away) new arrivals settling in, some of which look amazing bargains....and still you will do the usual and look at almost anything the club does in a bad light.
    Still I expect nothing less, after all you have previously written in your doom laden posts that if this new regime goes tits up you can't wait to tell me you fn told me so....seems like you'll have to wait a while to cream your pants

Hmmm, irony seems to go over your Roofe.

Firstly crying...you often moan at folk who name call you, yet you regularly do the same...pot and kettle...if you can understand that?

Why so many "what if" and "maybe"...because I was trying to elaborately highlight the fact that neither you or me know the exact background or conversations that led to Green leaving.
    However it would seem we agree that it's mainly due to money. Also seems obvious to me, that after injury he either doesn't think he should have to work to win his place back or has decided the role of the expected role of a goalkeeper this year under TC doesn't suit him....

We are unbeaten, this despite a number of injuries in defence and selling our leading goalscorer (who wanted away) new arrivals settling in, some of which look amazing bargains....and still you will do the usual and look at almost anything the club does in a bad light.
    Still I expect nothing less, after all you have previously written in your doom laden posts that if this new regime goes tits up you can't wait to tell me you fn told me so....seems like you'll have to wait a while to cream your pants
    Never moaned about the names I get called, simply that there are some who prefer to name call as opposed to actually engage in the argument/discussion (sticks and stones may hurt etc etc...).

Please tell me where I said I KNEW what was in Greens mind? Just pointed out what is in the public domain, highlighted a sequence of events and suggested that giving Green a hard time for "doing one" as you so delicately put it, for (probably) a higher salary in what is likely to be his last swansong in 1st class competition was hardy called for given his contribution last season. whatever "seems obvious" to you, it's indisputable that Greens performances last season kept us in reach of the playoffs, just as much as much Wood scoring.

My suggestion that Wiedewald hasn't been severely tested yet, and calling out your assertion regarding Lonergan as "inconsistent" to say the least, seem to have passed you by, strange that.

And I repeat, my position regarding Wiedwald hasn't changed since his arrival at Leeds, and won't until he is tested and performs better than he did against Forest, unlike the praise given to Saiz, Alioski and Anita, who have all performed well above my expectations (and that of a few others I imagine).

I don't expect the regime to go t1ts up, never did, just have doubts about some of the newcomers which remain (for now)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)