+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What now for Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by footy_le_bordel View Post
    I think whoever put that together is a bit confused. The EEA, the Norway option, gives access to the Single Market without being a member of it. It is a viable option, doesn't suit everyone but it does make leaving the EU a bit less problematic in the short term. Nothing unreasonable in those Leavers above discussing it's possibilities, and it doesn't entail remaining in the Single Market.

you asked for egs of brexiteer BS. i provided some.

here's more of nige muddying the waters.

Sorry Sinkov, I've been with the in laws all day and threw them out an hour ago to go home to their deepest darkest homes in Es***

And I've just spent 20 minutes on a post to you which has suddenly disappeared into the ether, so here I try again in a shorter version.

Doris Johnson and Co who fed us all the lies in the first place seem to have disappeared and are not up to fronting anything at the moment, but there are still a few who like to bend the truth and talk nonsense without really knowing.

Below are 2 vids, the first one is James O'Brien (on LBC), he's a remainer, and even now, every other morning you can hear him taking the lies of the leavers to pieces.

The 2nd one is Jacob Rees Mogg again on LBC with Nick Farrari, again Mogg does not know what he's talking about, so in fact is lying.

I've also tried to find a video on Fishing Rights, which someone (a leaver) lied through his teeth about and was duly put to the sword.

****e ! I nearly lost everything again

Seeing as no one seems capable of articulating the supposed lies of those advocating we leave the EU, I'll reply if and when I get the time to trawl through those videos.
    Of course if anyone wants to tell me in their own words just who lied and about what, I will guarantee a fairly rapid response.

The Germans and their collaborators could not beat us in two armed conflicts, does fancy boy Macron seriously believe we give a toss about his opinion?

The unelected, undemocratic EU is on the brink of disintegration. Once we finally pull the plug, the whole thing will go straight down the toilet.

Leave and be damned. No-one told deliberate lies sinkov, they were just economical with the truth.

Just had time to listen to the JOB vid Alto, seems to be attacking one economic forecast in the Sun, readership 1.5 million. There were many differing economic forecasts, this guy seems to be appalled that the Sun's forecasts were of dubious reliability, but quite blasé about the blatant lies put out by the government and Bank of England's Project Fear.

All economic forecasts are fantasy, the OBR predictions used by the Chancellor in his budgets are always revised within months, they are never correct, whether we will be better off out of the EU no one knows, it's impossible to know, so both sides were lying when they claimed to know the outcome of leaving the EU.

As far as I was concerned I never read the Sun, not many people do, and anything they published, for or against the EU had no effect on the way I voted. I do wonder when it was published as well, if it was after the referendum then it is irrelevant to our discussion, I might have missed it but I don't think the video makes it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think whoever put that together is a bit confused. The EEA, the Norway option, gives access to the Single Market without being a member of it. It is a viable option, doesn't suit everyone but it does make leaving the EU a bit less problematic in the short term. Nothing unreasonable in those Leavers above discussing it's possibilities, and it doesn't entail remaining in the Single Market.
    just curious.

if you consider it a viable option why did you post this in reponse to another poster a while back...?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "We are leaving the EU. We will be no more in it than Norway is. Do you think Norway is in the EU? (clue...the answer is "No")"

59/60, you say we are leaving the EU. In which case can you confirm,

1) We will not be members of the Single Market.
    2) There will be an end to the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice in the UK.
    3) We will not be in the Customs Union.
    4) We will be totally free to strike trade deals with any and every other country in the world, as we choose.
    5) We will have complete control over who enters the UK from the EU.
    6) We will not be contributing huge sums to the EU budget.
    7} We will have full control of fishing rights in British waters.

Nothing contentious there or onerous there, in fact virtually every country in the world outside of the EU, about 170 of them, survives and prospers under similar conditions. Just seven items which, if achieved, I think most fair minded people would agree was a fair approximation of what Brexit should look like. I have no idea what our government is now proposing, if I follow this ongoing debacle closely any longer I might lose the will to live, so I tend to ignore it now. Consequently I have no idea what our proposed deal is, so you tell me 59/60, does it meet my 7 seven requirements for Brexit ? If it does then I'm content, I can live with the inevitable fudging, compromises and blurring of red lines that will also have to happen. If it doesn't, then it isn't Brexit and we haven't left the EU.

the Norway option is a sneaky dodge....no say in E.U policy - but would "remain" - controlled by E.U regulations, more of a Brexstillinit.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)