+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The DERRY

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    The issue won't go away Deeranged as like me I think your highly sceptical about this new stadium.
    What gives you that idea? The stadium is still in planning but as with everything the club is being (a bit overly in my opinion given that it's a project with such a significant effect on fan morale) tight lipped over it. Until we hear it is off then it has to be considered as still on.

I reckon that Dundee FC won't be playing at Dens in five years from now so the original point about spending unnecessarily is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'd imagine, and hope, that DFCSS would back the implementation of the licensing restrictions imposed upon the club in order to ensure that The Derry could remain open. One of those restrictions being the requirement to allow turnstile entry by valid ticket only.
    What benefit, and how does it make it any safer if you enter the Derry by tix rather than cash?

What gives you that idea? The stadium is still in planning but as with everything the club is being (a bit overly in my opinion given that it's a project with such a significant effect on fan morale) tight lipped over it. Until we hear it is off then it has to be considered as still on.

I reckon that Dundee FC won't be playing at Dens in five years from now so the original point about spending unnecessarily is valid.
    I would hate the club to spend thousands £££ on Dens if they are definitely leaving, but, surely with a construction firm sponsoring the stadium, and some volunteers we can tidy the place up.

I'm not a member of any club.
    Same for me, I don't travel by bus to away games so no point in joining one.

I tried contacting the SLO, who I was under the impression was there to liaise with supporters, on another matter but given his failure to respond to my email it certainly seems to me that that may not be the case. Had he responded I'd feel more confident about raising the issue of the SE access with him.

I believe our SLO is (or was) also on the DSA committee so maybe you have to be a member of an affiliated club to receive the courtesy of a response, I'm just not sure how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    What benefit, and how does it make it any safer if you enter the Derry by tix rather than cash?
    I have no idea, you'd need to ask the licensing and police about that.

I'd hope to still be at Dens but I'm 95% certain if stadium dosent happen it will be a share of tannadice, end of club.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I would hate the club to spend thousands £££ on Dens if they are definitely leaving, but, surely with a construction firm sponsoring the stadium, and some volunteers we can tidy the place up.
    Couldn't agree more. Pretty sure with a bit of planning and coordination a significant difference could be made.

I have no idea, you'd need to ask the licensing and police about that.
    Quite simply it dosent, it was a petty vindictive punishment.

I'd hope to still be at Dens but I'm 95% certain if stadium dosent happen it will be a share of tannadice, end of club.
    In any instance of sharing at Tannadice I think the club would go on but it would be without people like us on board. How many cantankerous old buggers like us would take that stance though? Remember we shared with them before for a short time and people went (I didn't).

In any instance of sharing at Tannadice I think the club would go on but it would be without people like us on board. How many cantankerous old buggers like us would take that stance though? Remember we shared with them before for a short time and people went (I didn't).
    The club wud survive for a spell in an e Stirling falkirk type way but eventually be swallowed up.

I think the yanks shudnt totally close off moving to new stadium thus claiming it was a temporary move to keep enuf on board b4 dissapearing and dfcss taking control over their much longed for committee type club.

I went to tannadice b4 because I knew it was temporary.

Next time we move there it won't be.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)