+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Stockport Game Postponed

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Perhaps this is good for Notts it gives them a bit more time to sort out the problems with the squad.
    Yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Didn't civil war in the away end break out in a Cup game that season [ Telford ? ] involving a bout of fisticuffs between the opposing factions ?
    Telford was the previous season, I think - but wouldn’t be surprised if it did get violent at some point. Pretty sure the stewards had to get involved at Luton when the anti-Murphy mob and the “get behind the team” mob clashed. Seem to recall Pavis going into the County Road Side after a game that season (Watford?) to talk to protesting fans, too. Or was that another time?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My thoughts are in there and I know you will read them.

The idea of moving it there is so nobody can complain about petty arguments. I've done my bit, I hope you do yours.
    I've never even viewed that thread let alone posted in it.

True story.

I always prefer when Notts threads stay on topic but so often they go off on a tangent and end up with the same discussion / argument regarding the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I've never even viewed that thread let alone posted in it.

True story.
    You should have a look, because you're in there (one way or another) with your handbag swinging!

When Co!in S was commentating, many criticised him for always being more excited when the opponents scored than when Notts scored. What was that based on?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    No you weren't. You were just wrong. But that's ok it's allowed.

It's obviously a plan, it's a clear plan people rightly criticise that he won't move away from.

At least you amended your thoughts, well done you.

How was your latest shift?
    The latest shift was awful,
    the sand was to hot , the sea was to cold and the beer was tepid !
    Great to see you know what I'm thinking and doing it better than I do.
    However just to point you in the right direction that I wasn't wrong and I was being extreme with regards my comments I think you will find many times on here that I have criticised Ardley for his tippy tappy dross footy.
    So if I have done that, then surely I must have known that was his/ the tactic that he employs ?.
    I say "The" because it's the one and only tactic he knows.
    I to was hoping the Stockport game would go ahead because I to believe we would have lost that game and drawn at best.(respect the point)
    with that in mind , I believe this would have lead to him being relieved of his duties.
    a massive win win situation for the club as we are treading water with him in charge at best, the sooner he is gone the sooner we can drive the club forward.
    Now I was say this out loud, I wanted us to WIN ! I want us to win every game .(expecting us to lose is not wanting us to lose)
    I have no qualms us winning every game and Adrley and his disciples shoving every word I have ever written against him back down my throat
    HOWEVER
    my expectations when Ardley is in charge is that in certain games we would be lucky to get a point never mind a win.
    Now this is down to the tactics employed , the way the manager sets up his team and how his team talks inspire them , and how within games he does very little to influence and change what is happening on the pitch.
    I don't want my team to go out and lose or draw , I want them to go out with a chance of winning a game of football.
    Hence there in lies the problem with Ardley ,
    if you look at the predictions for the Aldershot game , there were many on there that posted they thought we would lose , or even draw.
    Against a team with their form every single one of us should have been confident that we could go there and play them of the park .
    But no , not with Ardleys influence , many were expecting the worst and got the worst!
    It's late and I'm knackered ,
    the beer is now to cold , the sand is to tepid and the sea is to hot
    grassy arse as they say out here in the Bahamas.
    love you Hot-Lips
    wish you was here x

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Now I was say this out loud, I wanted us to WIN ! I want us to win every game .(expecting us to lose is not wanting us to lose)
    I think you probably lost him there.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    When Co!in S was commentating, many criticised him for always being more excited when the opponents scored than when Notts scored. What was that based on?
    I don't know, but it could go some way to explaining why there was a pitchfork in the commentary box.

I reckon that was a decent result tonight. Ardley did not make a single tactical error.

We are Notts County, we move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think you probably lost him there.
    it's ok Elite ,
    He will let me know what I was thinking , what I am thinking and what I will be thinking about, as well as what to say and do for the next few weeks.
    He's a diamond geezer and a true giver.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast