+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your expectations for next season?

We've got a good opening 3 fixtures with a good chance of at least 7 points return and 9 if we're lucky. I think we'll come out the blocks pretty quickly this season.

My expectations are to be in the top 4 all season, with probably, Wrexham, Stockport and Chessie/Torquay.
    Grimsby and Southend might be dark horses.

I just want to see entertaining football and come away thinking that was a very good game.

Do Notts have the proven goalscorers and the experience in midfield ?
    Only time will tell.

Expecting an interesting season whatever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    We will have a new manager by Nov.
    We will continue to leak bad goals and we will fall behind the top clubs early and get worse as the pressure from the supporters builds. We currently have one fit central defender and its a big ask to expect Lacey to be ready for what is normally about 8 games in the first month of the season.
    I think Doyle will be in charge by November
    We only play 3 games in the first month of the season followed by 5 in the second. So 8 games in 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

2. How do we get Ruben and Cal in the same starting XI if we’re playing 3-5-2? Or do we need to go 3-4-3 to get them both in?

I think it’s easy to get them both in. Regardless which of your suggested tactics IB goes with. Rodders can play in a 3 man CM and Roberts as a floating forward in a front 2. I suspect IB will go the other way round.
    In a 3-4-3 it’s more obvious that they play either side of Wootton. The beauty is that we can be fluid throughout the game.
    One thing we can’t do as fans is expect Rodders and Roberts to do much defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We only play 3 games in the first month of the season followed by 5 in the second. So 8 games in 6 weeks.
    It doesn't matter to Kelton, we're all doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It doesn't matter to Kelton, we're all doomed!
    Now NCMs most negative and pessimistic poster?

I hope Notts show as much consistency as Kelton does just with positive results instead.

With the way we were playing at the the end of the season under IB I'm hoping for a good start this time for a change. The new signings sound good on paper and all have attacking qualities so all looking good....famous last words, haha!

Minimun - Top 3.
    Expected - Promotion either automatic or via play offs.
    Goal - Top spot and automatic.

I’m still weary of whether we have cured our ‘legs and strength in midfield’ problem but I do share the excitement of other posters for the new season!

Minimum - Top 7

Expected - Top 5

Goal - Promotion

I'm just going to wait a couple more weeks but from the signings we have made so far I'd like to think we will be competitive and be in the top seven.

For the past two seasons I and others on here have talked about hitting the ground running. It's so important to get the points on the board from day one rather than playing catch up. Obviously we saw Torquay drop away last season and they will be starting the season in this league with us so nothing is guaranteed.

One thing season one and two taught us is that Notts in the National League was a bit timid at times and a bit focused on the oppostion. From the back end of last season we saw a Notts under IB that Notts in the National League should be. A team that walks around with it's chest out and goes and attacks teams and let them worry about us. The mentality and mindset of playing like we are the biggest club in the league is half the battle.

The one big change I would like to see this season is an improvement in performances and results against the lesser teams such as the likes of Dover, Wealdstone, Kings Lynn etc.. In both seasons we have stuttered against these kind of teams and disappointed and dropped points.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I'm just going to wait a couple more weeks but from the signings we have made so far I'd like to think we will be competitive and be in the top seven.

For the past two seasons I and others on here have talked about hitting the ground running. It's so important to get the points on the board from day one rather than playing catch up. Obviously we saw Torquay drop away last season and they will be starting the season in this league with us so nothing is guaranteed.

One thing season one and two taught us is that Notts in the National League was a bit timid at times and a bit focused on the oppostion. From the back end of last season we saw a Notts under IB that Notts in the National League should be. A team that walks around with it's chest out and goes and attacks teams and let them worry about us. The mentality and mindset of playing like we are the biggest club in the league is half the battle.

The one big change I would like to see this season is an improvement in performances and results against the lesser teams such as the likes of Dover, Wealdstone, Kings Lynn etc.. In both seasons we have stuttered against these kind of teams and disappointed and dropped points.
    Exactly this. Far too often we have dropped points against sides in the bottom half by allowing them time to settle into the game and not attacking them from the off - a way too negative approach given the players at our disposal. We will drop points against sides battling for promotion but there is no real excuse for some of the turgid displays we have seen against part-timers. I simply can't see this happening this season. It feels like the owners have given IB licence to be attack-minded in his approach, and they showed with how long they gave NA (despite him clearly not being their man) that they are certainly not trigger-happy like previous incumbents.

My min expectation is top 3 but I think we will win the thing.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast