+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers In's & Out's confirmed Reports currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    I can't even watch player interviews anymore they're so generic and fake. You can almost predict the answers to every question.

I'd have a lot more time if players just turned up and said you know Leeds used to be a good club but I've not heard of them, I'm here because they played good football and Bielsa can advance my career and hopefully move me on to a bigger club if Leeds don't get into Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I can't even watch player interviews anymore they're so generic and fake. You can almost predict the answers to every question.

I'd have a lot more time if players just turned up and said you know Leeds used to be a good club but I've not heard of them, I'm here because they played good football and Bielsa can advance my career and hopefully move me on to a bigger club if Leeds don't get into Europe.
    Bet your the sort of bloke who enjoys telling kids that Father Christmas isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Darryl Ombang in as a GK for the future from Bradford City.

Not one I know much about, although he seems highly rated for his age (he's 16?) and was supposedly on the radar of other clubs.
    Signed a three and a half year deal otday

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Signed a three and a half year deal otday
    He started playing for the u18 aged 14 and tipped to be excellent - another very good signing

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    He started playing for the u18 aged 14 and tipped to be excellent - another very good signing
    "Tipped to be excellent"....by who, those who signed him, as if they would say otherwise.

All we have seen so far are moves to "bolster" and already bulging youth cohort and replace Alioski (and frankly Firpo doesn't inspire, despite him being a "real" L.

We're a few short weeks from a new season and I don't mind if we dint bring any new blood into the senior squad but I'd like to see signs that the clubs intends to provide opportunity to those we "invested in" nearly a year ago and who have done little but warm the bench since. (Either that or get rid and acknowledge that despite having one of the best academys in the PL were going to do the same as all the other clubs and plunder Serie A/Bundesliga etc).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Tipped to be excellent"....by who, those who signed him, as if they would say otherwise.

All we have seen so far are moves to "bolster" and already bulging youth cohort and replace Alioski (and frankly Firpo doesn't inspire, despite him being a "real" L.

We're a few short weeks from a new season and I don't mind if we dint bring any new blood into the senior squad but I'd like to see signs that the clubs intends to provide opportunity to those we "invested in" nearly a year ago and who have done little but warm the bench since. (Either that or get rid and acknowledge that despite having one of the best academys in the PL were going to do the same as all the other clubs and plunder Serie A/Bundesliga etc).

Great piece of business.
    Every investor is looking for the next smash hit that'll yield a return.

This 'soonicorn' signing will hopefully become our 'unicorn' signing.
    Obviously a budding talent emerging and the beginning of a bright future.
    Good luck to the kid & no need to question such a deal surely.

The club are addressing requirements for the now & future very carefully and are getting what is correct for Leeds Utd and by signing young players with the fundamental movement basics and helping them to develop good habits and decision making will give them the tools they need to go on and develop into greater players. Giving players the psychological mental skills to deal with their performance,to reflect and improve is another ability that is crucial to development. All great athletes are always striving to do better and need to have these basic skills and Leeds now is the ideal place to be a footballer.

Pleased with our recruitment strategy - get and develop the best youngsters we can whilst adding quality to the first team squad.

The young keeper has already played for England schoolboys I believe and was identified by scouts at lots of clubs his progress at Bradford confirms that.

Firpo was excellent at Real Betis so Barca signed him. Shows they rated him but he could force his way past Alba who happens to be one of the worlds best. Showed ambition in moving to get 1st team football.

He is young , fast, fit and athletic. He is supposed to have already impressed with his fitness levels so he could end up being a super athlete. He seems to have good skills too and fills one of the big holes in the squad.

CM or wide player look like the next ones we are trying to recruit so all good.

Look at Struijk and how he has progressed too. If three of Gelhardt, McGurk, Greenwood, Drameh, Summerville, Allen and Miller progress as well then happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Great piece of business.
    Every investor is looking for the next smash hit that'll yield a return.

This 'soonicorn' signing will hopefully become our 'unicorn' signing.
    Obviously a budding talent emerging and the beginning of a bright future.
    Good luck to the kid & no need to question such a deal surely.

The club are addressing requirements for the now & future very carefully and are getting what is correct for Leeds Utd and by signing young players with the fundamental movement basics and helping them to develop good habits and decision making will give them the tools they need to go on and develop into greater players. Giving players the psychological mental skills to deal with their performance,to reflect and improve is another ability that is crucial to development. All great athletes are always striving to do better and need to have these basic skills and Leeds now is the ideal place to be a footballer.
    "Great piece of business....", "Obviously a budding talent......", "This 'soonicorn' signing will HOPEFULLY become our 'unicorn' signing.....", "The club are addressing requirements for the future.....".

All the same platitudes we have heard before, when players with much of the mental strength you mention (gained through senior first team exposure) were acquired.

None have been given opportunity to show their potential at 1st team level, irrespective of the competitions we have been involved with. Instead, any first team gaps (including the belated replacement of Alioski), have been filled by the acquisition of direct incomers to the 1st team.

The club has shown no inclination to use players from the Academy in senior matches, despite many having similar experience before joining Leeds to that of many of the Leeds senior side that gained promotion, and despite the excellent performances of Academy sides of all manner of composition.

I don't mind if that's what the club is going to do, but it seems both dishonest to the incomers to the Academy and disingenuous to the fans to suggest we are "growing our own 1st team candidates, when the reality would appear to be that we ARE growing the Academy players, but merely as an additional revenue stream to be "harvested" when it suits but never (or very rarely and under (usually) "forced" circumstances) used at the sharp end of the clubs playing activities.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Pleased with our recruitment strategy - get and develop the best youngsters we can whilst adding quality to the first team squad.

The young keeper has already played for England schoolboys I believe and was identified by scouts at lots of clubs his progress at Bradford confirms that.

Firpo was excellent at Real Betis so Barca signed him. Shows they rated him but he could force his way past Alba who happens to be one of the worlds best. Showed ambition in moving to get 1st team football.

He is young , fast, fit and athletic. He is supposed to have already impressed with his fitness levels so he could end up being a super athlete. He seems to have good skills too and fills one of the big holes in the squad.

CM or wide player look like the next ones we are trying to recruit so all good.

Look at Struijk and how he has progressed too. If three of Gelhardt, McGurk, Greenwood, Drameh, Summerville, Allen and Miller progress as well then happy days.
    Even Struijk was a forced introduction to the 1st team, brought about by injuries to current 1st team players.

Not a single newcomer to the Academy over the last 3 seasons has been used in the 1st team without it being forced on Bielsa, even when we had the clown between the sticks.

If you were Gelhardt, as a 1st team player brought in from another Championship side (as the situation was at the time), and then weren't even included in subs line-ups, how would you feel playing in a team winning handsomely week in week out, in front of handful of spectators? And he won't be the only one.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)