+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Buying back Dens----an option

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Can't remember the ground but an old wooden stand went on fire. I will never forget the broadcast of the incident and think that a fire in the Mainer could be very dangerous if it was filled, like when the OF come to visit.
    Smoke bombs don't ignite - there's a harmless chemical reaction that creates the smoke.

Once to get back to the topic.
    I have just discovered in the Club website by accident that the current lease for Dens Park is 25 years long and commenced on 1st June 2016. https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/dundee-f...d-31-may-2016/
    By my calculations this means that the current lease ends on 31st May 2041.
    There is no mention of any break clauses in the lease so it is possible that it would have to be paid in full even if the new stadium was built at Campy Nou resulting in Dundee FC leaving Dens Park.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Your maybe thinking of Bradford in the days of cigarettes, which with the Shyte underneath caused it, I’m sure any wood in main stand will be treated and sure smoking is banned
    Thanks JDFC. It was horrific and well remembered about the cigarette lighting paper rubbish in the wooden stand. Deeranged has also explained how the smoke is not created by a flame so I'm wondering what all the fuss is about. In europe do they have similar strong punishments and fines if fans use them in their stadia?
    Apologies. to Isay. Won't go off topic again!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)