+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln City Match Thoughts

I've read a few posts, mainly on BBS, along the lines of--"Just wait until January when we can strengthen and things will be OK".

Parekh himself has said the emergency funds raised from the £3.2 million share issue runs out in January. From then on we have the million pound a month deficit to cover. I will be very surprised if player sales are not part of covering that deficit. Far from strengthening the squad it is likely to be weakened.
    A sprat may be thrown to believers in the form of a £200K to £300K striker from the lower leagues if player sales go well but the overall strength of the squad will be weaker.

I don't trust this lot and Im sick of hearing about them to be honest.
    But I think the same there, far from helping Duff with some signings in January, I always thought they'd be doing another cheap fire sale again instead. 👎

A matchday thread from probably the low point of the season. Interesting read!

Well Martin isn’t even getting on the bench now, Cadden has improved massively and only 6 players are regular starters from that last game.
    The bully bonus is that Diamond has been sent back to Sunderland and suspended by them pending his court appearance.
    Didn’t stop them getting a draw with the pigs though!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567