+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I saw a great stat the other day - apparently we have invaded every country playing in the world cup. Although I don't remember us invading Switzerland.
    Who is "we" and " us"?

DD im offshore in Brazil, Neymar certainly divides the locals in same way their recent election did.

He's a ponce.

They were miles better afterwards they took him off.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    He's a ponce.

He was absolutely honking last night, and he is a proper annoying c**t, which is a shame because he just concentrated on playing football he could be a pretty great player for a whole 90 minutes.

But I do tend to reserve willing the opposition to break legs for the huns only.

This world cup is a fūcking farce corrupt and cūnting politics being bring into it! 4 or 5 nil nils already? Our domestic fitba paused for thos fkn shíte!! Get it in the fūcking bin!

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    He's a ponce.

He's a piece of **** I hope he breaks his legs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    This world cup is a fūcking farce corrupt and cūnting politics being bring into it! 4 or 5 nil nils already? Our domestic fitba paused for thos fkn shíte!! Get it in the fūcking bin!
    Good morning. Someone pi**ed in your corn flakes again?

It should never have been there for all sorts of reasons (both humanitarian and footballing), but it is there so we just have to choose to be morally outraged from our sofas but still watch it and accept there is little we can do, or make our own personal stand and not watch it.

Your main objection appears to be corruption in football rather than human rights abuses. So boycott it and spare us your daily rant. We know how you feel.

I accepted football is corrupt a long time ago. Locally and globally. I can't change that, that would take a mass fan walkout/TV turn off. I object to the world cup being there on humanitarian grounds. After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing I decided I would watch it for the football. I don't watch the qualifiers, I don't rush to see every Scotland game, but I do enjoy the world cup to see nations and players who would normally fly well under the radar. It doesn't really sit right with me, but equally turning my telly off will change f**k all. There are other ways to push a human rights and equality narrative!

The only thing that would have had any real effect on what is wrong with this world cup being where it is, would have been for associations and governments to pull their teams from the competition as soon as it was announced - and to implement a system of banning any players who attend like they did with cricketers going to South Africa in the apartheid years. If public, government and associations feelings are that strong this is the only answer. Money eh! Helps 'you' turn a blind eye!

I only logged on to say good morning to you BB, apologies for the monologue!

Back to the football - when are Wales going to score? I am banking on them and USA both winning their remaining two games.

Well that looks like England will be going through now. Boooooooooo. Stupid Wales

Still hope if USA win tonight and Wales beat England. Got to live in hope!

Well done Iran
    Completely deserved

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    Good morning. Someone pi**ed in your corn flakes again?

It should never have been there for all sorts of reasons (both humanitarian and footballing), but it is there so we just have to choose to be morally outraged from our sofas but still watch it and accept there is little we can do, or make our own personal stand and not watch it.

Your main objection appears to be corruption in football rather than human rights abuses. So boycott it and spare us your daily rant. We know how you feel.

I accepted football is corrupt a long time ago. Locally and globally. I can't change that, that would take a mass fan walkout/TV turn off. I object to the world cup being there on humanitarian grounds. After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing I decided I would watch it for the football. I don't watch the qualifiers, I don't rush to see every Scotland game, but I do enjoy the world cup to see nations and players who would normally fly well under the radar. It doesn't really sit right with me, but equally turning my telly off will change f**k all. There are other ways to push a human rights and equality narrative!

The only thing that would have had any real effect on what is wrong with this world cup being where it is, would have been for associations and governments to pull their teams from the competition as soon as it was announced - and to implement a system of banning any players who attend like they did with cricketers going to South Africa in the apartheid years. If public, government and associations feelings are that strong this is the only answer. Money eh! Helps 'you' turn a blind eye!

I only logged on to say good morning to you BB, apologies for the monologue!

Back to the football - when are Wales going to score? I am banking on them and USA both winning their remaining two games.
    You seem like a good man DD. Thanks... Sorry just not dealing well with my anxieties lately and feel more depressed than normal. Sometimes wish I wasn't here

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast