+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Maidstone Utd. 15.01.23 [FAT]

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Don’t mind going out of the competition so much, it’s the poor performances that are worrying…they soon snow ball into losses. Does anyone back us to beat Chesterfield at the minute?
    My thoughts too. Although tbh there have only been a couple recently and very few of the season to date in the league. Have very little interest in the cups other than to see whether reserve players can set up, appears they haven't.

I had Notts losing at Chesterfield for a long time now because we don't do well there, it's on TV away from home, they are also a very good side.

After the clear recent dip in form I suspect this prediction will be very popular on here.

Bright spark of a grim match the two youngsters, Assie put in some decent balls and took his man on more than Nemane, five more minutes and i also think we would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    My thoughts too. Although tbh there have only been a couple recently and very few of the season to date in the league. Have very little interest in the cups other than to see whether reserve players can set up, appears they haven't.

I had Notts losing at Chesterfield for a long time now because we don't do well there, it's on TV away from home, they are also a very good side.

After the clear recent dip in form I suspect this prediction will be very popular on here.
    Going to be really tough but one thing about this team is they can surprise you, many thought after the draw at Oldham we wouldn’t beat Aldershot away and it was a pretty comfortable game. I’m glad we’re out really, I think we need to focus on the league and less competitive games means less chance of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Going to be really tough but one thing about this team is they can surprise you, many thought after the draw at Oldham we wouldn’t beat Aldershot away and it was a pretty comfortable game. I’m glad we’re out really, I think we need to focus on the league and less competitive games means less chance of injuries.
    We need to get TAR back ASAP to give us another option at wing back, but are desperate for another forward who looks like they know where the goal is. Poor old Mitchell could have played all night and not hit the target in open play.

The defence has done brilliantly this season overall, so it’s worrying that we’ve suddenly started conceding poor goals recently - and just as we’ve stopped creating chances at home.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Don’t mind going out of the competition so much, it’s the poor performances that are worrying
    That's how I feel, not that bothered about going out, but concerned about our recent form. If the plan was to exit this competition, it was executed superbly for over an hour. We were awful, slow and lethargic and a distinct second best. They had the best chances and deserved the lead, even though we gifted them both goals by pissing around at the back. The defence of that tactic used to be "yeah, but how many goals has it cost us?", and the answer was not many directly. Now we seem to be creating at least two very good chances for our opposition per game, and in this one Maidstone took them both.

Fair play to the Maidstone fans, they came in good numbers and made a fair bit of noise. I guessed they would bring around 70, but they brought three times that number. This competition seems to mean a bit to them, I hope they do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Fair play to the Maidstone fans, they came in good numbers and made a fair bit of noise. I guessed they would bring around 70, but they brought three times that number. This competition seems to mean a bit to them, I hope they do well.
    I’d say the two respective turn outs spoke volumes - slight surprise that there were less than 2,500 there, but you couldn’t blame Notts fans for staying away after the earlier performances in the two cup competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I’d say the two respective turn outs spoke volumes - slight surprise that there were less than 2,500 there, but you couldn’t blame Notts fans for staying away after the earlier performances in the two cup competitions.
    I didn’t go, purely because I knew it would be a scratched together team and based on the FA Cup performance, we’d probably lose.

I was right on both accounts.

Elite I believe that the Maidstone Chairman paid for Coach travel today

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Elite I believe that the Maidstone Chairman paid for Coach travel today
    If true, fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's how I feel, not that bothered about going out, but concerned about our recent form. If the plan was to exit this competition, it was executed superbly for over an hour. We were awful, slow and lethargic and a distinct second best. They had the best chances and deserved the lead, even though we gifted them both goals by pissing around at the back. The defence of that tactic used to be "yeah, but how many goals has it cost us?", and the answer was not many directly. Now we seem to be creating at least two very good chances for our opposition per game, and in this one Maidstone took them both.

Regardless of us being top we are going to go through at least a couple of tough periods in the season and I would expect it to happen to Wrexham and Chesterfield too. The important thing is we get through them quickly and don’t lose too many points. It’s not like we’ve lost 3 or 4 nil lately, we haven’t even lost, that said we do need to get our foot back on the gas but I wouldn’t read too much into today.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast