+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Port Vale

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Unbelievable.
    We win 7-0.
    Seven - Nil !!!
    And we still have posters on here proclaiming that we weren't good - it must have been the opposition that were that bad.
    Laughable.
    Quote the bits where anyone has posted we were not that good Nudge.

Some have said we did well to take the advantage we did when Vale gave up the game and we were a tad fortunate to lead 2-0 after the first half, ie to set the context of the 90 minutes. Is that what you mean ?

Only 138..... why do we sell him in January.... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Quote the bits where anyone has posted we were not that good Nudge.

Some have said we did well to take the advantage we did when Vale gave up the game and we were a tad fortunate to lead 2-0 after the first half, ie to set the context of the 90 minutes. Is that what you mean ?
    You’ve made an excellent job of explaining it yourself.
    As in ….. we were fortunate ….. they were tired.
    😂😂😂
    Seven - Nil

I'm not taking owt away frum our efforts here but some of that Vale defending was completely laughable for a professional football league outfit. I’ve seen some defensive shockers over the years but that was woeful by Vale yesterday and quite frankly hard to believe. Other teams certainly won't be as generous and we might not be as clinical.

We go to Brissy Rovers next Saturday. Last season they comfortably nullified us at their place and kept a good shape despite not possessing a real goal threat. However, they now have a certain Luke Thomas, as we well know, who offers a big threat and scored on his debut yesterday. If our boys go in there with any complacency after the Vale result then am telling thi nar, wiss get turned ova.

It's easy to get carried away after a huge win, come on here and ram darn folks throats that I told you so, but it's not the correct way to operate as a human being.

It's an unbelievable scoreline and a dream opening game, but it's just 3 points when all said and done.

A view from Port Vale , hats off to these lads for sticking it out in that second half , proper fans and a very honest appraisal of the game yesterday in my opinion .

https://youtu.be/br0DmKcZX8w

Very good a credit to the game that’s for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A view from Port Vale , hats off to these lads for sticking it out in that second half , proper fans and a very honest appraisal of the game yesterday in my opinion .

I like my YouTube matchday vlogs. This was no exception. Difficult for me to comment on the match as I only seen the highlights but when you watch Red All Over on YouTube, the guys are generally too biased for my liking so it's nice to get an alternative view from the opposition fans. I'm not knocking RAO by the way, they put a lot into that channel and that deserves great credit. However, when I've seen the game and then watched RAO and they tend to hype us up too much in my opinion without looking at our faults or weaknesses too much.

There's some good Youtube channels out there if you search. One of my favourites is Cod Vlogs. A young Fleetwood supporter called Ben who knows his stuff, especially about league 1. Our own Barnsley on Tour is a good lad n all. Always worth a watch. I miss the lads who used to do TykesTV. That always was a good watch with balanced views and it was straight off the cuff.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

It was a good blog & whilst I thought they were well on top I have to disagree that they totally dominated the first half , the first 20/25 yes but the truth is that Roberts made one excellent save but really had nothing else to deal with , I thought the ref did not help in the first half , he was literally busting a gut to get his yellow cards out under his new powers , he did reign it in a bit as the game went although I think the booking of Roberts for allegedly time wasting in the 88th minute with a 6 v 0 lead was bizarre to say the least when he clearly wasn"t , in the second half it was men against boys & I liked the fact that Collins gave some game time & experience to Chapman , Shepherd , Dallas & Shaw but fair play to the Vale fans , I was at Reading & Bradford Park avenue on the wrong end of seven & its not nice , I am sure they will have some good days to enjoy as we will have days when we get well beat , its all part of the roller coaster !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    You’ve made an excellent job of explaining it yourself.
    As in ….. we were fortunate ….. they were tired.
    ������
    Seven - Nil
    No, the request was please quote the bits where anyone on here has said we were not that good, as you claimed posters had said.

I said I'd be surprised if we win the game, so I really can't explain what my thoughts are, about a win by that particular scoreline!. 😳
    Its only one game of course so let's not get carried away. But remember how early on in the season it was, when a lot of us got that promotion feeling under Stendel.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast