+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

Barrons already told the club he will be signing a pre contract with another club in January.

Hence why his game time has become limited.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Barrons already told the club he will be signing a pre contract with another club in January.

Hence why his game time has become limited.
    I was wondering what happened, so suppose a bit of sense, but I would still play him.

Be good to know where he is heading.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I was wondering what happened, so suppose a bit of sense, but I would still play him.

I noticed after Celtic hammered us 6-0 Rodgers had a wee chat with him on the pitch so maybe he’s off to warm their bench instead of ours.

I would be playing him as well because Clarkson has been atrocious these season.To be honest he was a bit hot and cold last season but at least he scored a few goals and his set pieces were good.

This season he’s scored 1 goal and his corners and free kicks have been terrible.

Killie get their first win of the season away from home and we are now second bottom of the league.
    Is this all a part of the prawcess of plastic fkn yank of a chairman.

Davie jist fk off min

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn’t want to play for this team either. Becoming entirely sick and tired of following the team.

Feels like history is repeating itself here, with Robson taking on the role of Roy Aitken. Dug the team out of a hole on a caretaker basis, got the job, was given a shedload of cash to spend, but then became clear didn’t have what it takes to be a manager.

I like Robson and have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I just don’t see any signs that he’s learning or adapting. Einstein’s definition of madness comes to mind.

Can’t work out whether we genuinely have played well in our better matches (generally against better opponents) or just got lucky.

Somebody elsewhere hinted that he is off to keep the other rats company.

Edit as missed reply quote
    Last edited by The_Moog; 07-12-2023 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Were you at the game tonight moog?

MacDonald gave the ball away twice in the first 10 minutes and was laughing the second time he did it.

He’s not the same player without Pollock and Scales.Far too laid back to be a good defender.
    I wasn’t, as I said I politely declined a free ticket, but watched on TV & MacDonald, - though not perfect by any stretch - was way better than Rubezic in every aspect of the game.

His track back and well timed tackle on the Killie player running through on goal being just one example - the clown show either wouldn’t have tracked the run having been caught in no mans land as usual, or would doubtless have given away a penalty.

That said, we still cannot defend cross balls and set pieces into the box - it’s getting beyond ridiculous now.

100% agree we need to try and get Pollock back. Scales was good, but I believe Pollock was the absolute heart & soul of the run we went on last year post Xmas.

We need that attitude back big time…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I wasn’t, as I said I politely declined a free ticket, but watched on TV & MacDonald, - though not perfect by any stretch - was way better than Rubezic in every aspect of the game.

His track back and well timed tackle on the Killie player running through on goal being just one example - the clown show either wouldn’t have tracked the run having been caught in no mans land as usual, or would doubtless have given away a penalty.

That said, we still cannot defend cross balls and set pieces into the box - it’s getting beyond ridiculous now.

100% agree we need to try and get Pollock back. Scales was good, but I believe Pollock was the absolute heart & soul of the run we went on last year post Xmas.

We need that attitude back big time…
    Apart from the Helsinki game I just don’t think MacDonald has been that good this season.

He probably is slightly better than Rubezic who is obviously making a lot of mistakes because he is still quite young for a centre back.

MacDonald doesn’t really fit into the whole process that Cormack goes on about either,buy young players to develop into international players and sell them on for millions.

That seems to be something that’s been put into the last few managers priority list by Cormack.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast