+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Worst Notts County manager ever

S M must go now

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    Spot on
    We've all known it all season and of course every other team in L2 knows it now as we can see from the way opponents play against us week after week
    S M cannot save us with the Rubbish Defenders we have. appointed for the right reason but the ship notts county appeared to be sailing along O K but the bottom was falling out of the ship but the owners where blinded by the success (top of the league) Thought they needed some one to carry on who would not rock the ship. We now need a manager who can read the riot act to the defence and if no improvement give the players concerned the HEV HO.

I didn’t think it would go this badly but the appointment of Maynard I felt from first hearing about it to be a baffling and uninspired choice, I felt frankly disappointed and sold short by the brothers by his appointment. At a time when we were sat in a play off position it appeared an odd gamble that felt on a par with Fullerton’s arrival.

I still can’t fathom out what he had done to deserve the opportunity, he had been assistant manager when Wealdstone went up and had basically got Wealdstone to be about three quarters of the way down the table, his CV is far less impressive as a part time manager than Dorkings Marc White and there would have been total dismay and uproar had we gone for him but his record is by far more deserving.

Worst manager, yes, for the position we were in at his time of appointment.

All these comments is he good enough etc. He'll be be here at the start of next season. The brothers aren't going to waste money by sacking them and hiring another set of coaches this early. The money needed for firing and hiring could be used for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    All these comments is he good enough etc. He'll be be here at the start of next season. The brothers aren't going to waste money by sacking them and hiring another set of coaches this early. The money needed for firing and hiring could be used for new players.
    I should think there'll be a good wedge left over from the compensation we got from Swansea to cover it. I doubt we paid Wealdstone much to get Maynard, The sale of Langstaff and Jones will be used to hopefully bring in a new defence capable of competing in L2 next season.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-03-2024 at 05:20 PM.

Even good new players need coaching, something I am not convinced Maynard can do effectively.

Yeah I bet Maynard and his agent demanded big dollars in the event of early dismissal.Far more than the proceeds of losing about 1000 off the home crowd every week.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah I bet Maynard and his agent demanded big dollars in the event of early dismissal.Far more than the proceeds of losing about 1000 off the home crowd every week.
    All the data being quoted in this thread just proves that it isn’t the way to select managers, although as stated earlier what has SM done to be in this job?
    I’ll bet there isn’t one of the 10k at the game on Saturday or not one of the senior squad who would have chosen SM for the role, not one and so defending him now is deluded. He may well make a good coach longer term but it is blatantly obvious that he’s in the wrong job at the wrong time - the players are trying but their hearts aren’t in it. They look confused half the time.
    Yes the owners were negligent pre season and in Jan ref the defence but my guess is JOB could have kept the spirit and goals flowing and not lost the season ticket renewals that are leaking away right now and our best players in the summer!
    Frankly we deserved better from the owners and I hope they’ve learnt their lesson.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567