+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Seconded.

I know a few are saying we might get a better replacement, but I can't see it. He is a massive loss in my opinion.
    Totally agree.

When I heard him speak at fans forum with such clarity on short corners its clear to me he was going much higher.

I have huge respect for him I dont understand the salty comments at him either he has been nothing but respectful to the club/owners/fans.

He leaves us in a much better place than when he arrived and the football under him was absolute quality at times.

Good luck to Luke & Ryan they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Agreed, he will be hard act to follow, I hope we get in a manager with a similar philosophy.
    We will do but whether that coach is British we'll have to see, I have a feeling it'll not be.

Don't care where they are from as long as they get us playing good football.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Don't care where they are from as long as they get us playing good football.
    This next few weeks is most critical and testing ever for the bros. Talismanic leader gone along with 2 coaches, short on playing staff, injuries to best players, poor recent form and on edge of playoffs. Need to get next few key signings spot on. COYP

Luke Williams has done an outstanding job at Notts, and I for one will always be grateful to him for the way he has brought pride and success back to Meadow Lane. Most people wish to continue to develop their careers and provide for their Families, and LW is no exception.
    His time at Notts has given me more pleasure and happiness than at any other time I have followed the “Pies.” We should however remember that his success happened not just because he is an outstanding manager, but because he had the Reedtz Brothers behind him.
    A new manager will arrive in due course, and another chapter in our history will be written. Let us hope and pray our successful journey up the pyramid continues. Thank you Luke and good luck.

I found his interview profoundly moving and showed the true class of the man. No one can surely resent him bettering his career and moving nearer to his family home and I wish him all the best for everything he has done for this club. He is definitely going to be a hard act to follow

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Yep, onwards and upwards, never look back, no use crying over spilt milk etc.
    This. He's gone. Time to look forward and think about Notts future.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Most wins in a season, most goals in a season, most goals scored by a player in a season. The most exciting season of recent times. Best football for years. Highest gates for years.

Fantastic rapport with supporters, honest, decent, passionate, gave everything. Oh and the masterstroke of bringing Mair on at Wembley.

Thank you Luke Williams, you deserve this opportunity. And you're leaving it club in a much better state than when you arrived.
    Whilst I agree with most of your sentiments the main achievements you cite were in the lowest level we've ever been in, and the play-offs had more than a smattering of good fortune (including Mair's legs).

Paul Cook's performance is well beyond our's last season and all they are lacking is the excitement of the Wrexham rivalry/circus. Nearly 2.5 points/game heading for 114 for the season, and even that is not as good a return as Enzo Maresca (who he??).

So yes, LW got us into a league we never wanted to be in in the first place from the lowest league we've ever been in, and whilst doing well he was hardly setting the League 2 alight after what turned out to be a fairly easy fixture start.

I wish him well, hope he doesn't poach Macca and Jodi, and look forward to the Bros appointing another upgrade.

Luke is definitely been a great manager for Notts and brought us some wonderful memories. However, some in here getting carried away and putting him in same bracket as Warnock or sirrel. Let's have a reality check! He got us promoted out of a very poor non league. Warnock took us from the 3rd to 1st division and surely from 4th to 1st. He is simply not in the same bracket . Good, and thank you luke ! But no legend

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Whilst I agree with most of your sentiments the main achievements you cite were in the lowest level we've ever been in, and the play-offs had more than a smattering of good fortune (including Mair's legs).

Paul Cook's performance is well beyond our's last season and all they are lacking is the excitement of the Wrexham rivalry/circus. Nearly 2.5 points/game heading for 114 for the season, and even that is not as good a return as Enzo Maresca (who he??).

So yes, LW got us into a league we never wanted to be in in the first place from the lowest league we've ever been in, and whilst doing well he was hardly setting the League 2 alight after what turned out to be a fairly easy fixture start.

I wish him well, hope he doesn't poach Macca and Jodi, and look forward to the Bros appointing another upgrade.
    Slightly uncharitable me thinks. However, I agree that he hasn’t been here long enough to have achieved some sort of legendary status

Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast