+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

There is some good news BT, the briefings have been terminated, thank god for that. The obnoxious, preening, lefty activists masquerading as journalists have been put back in their boxes, they won't be missed or lamented in this part of the Ribble Valley anyway, not one little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There is some good news BT, the briefings have been terminated, thank god for that. The obnoxious, preening, lefty activists masquerading as journalists have been put back in their boxes, they won't be missed or lamented in this part of the Ribble Valley anyway, not one little bit.
    It was an exercise in futility all round sinkov. Hancock, Williamson and Raab were making total Richards of themselves on a daily basis and were clearly so far out of their depth I considered ringing the RNLA for a lifeboat on more than one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It was an exercise in futility all round sinkov. Hancock, Williamson and Raab were making total Richards of themselves on a daily basis and were clearly so far out of their depth I considered ringing the RNLA for a lifeboat on more than one occasion.
    BT --I suggest that you try RNLI if you require a lifeboat. I can supply you with a RNLA which is an amplifier that I used when playing bass and is known as a Really Nice Levelling Amplifier. I would not want you to drown!

It did provide the occasional highlight BT, one such occasion was when one lass from SkyNews, who I didn't know, decided to ask a sensible, searching, relevant question for once, instead of the tedious whining, carping, 'gotcha' rubbish. She asked Professor Van Tam why it was that two months after lockdown we were still getting x number of people contracting the virus every day, (I forget the exact number, but it was a big one, many thousands). I almost fell off the settee in surprise, just the sort of question I was despairing would ever be asked. The good professor, bless him, took it squarely on the chin. He shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know". I suspect he knew the answer well enough, it was because the lockdown was an irrelevance, it was making no difference whatsoever, as the figures consistently proved, but the poor lad couldn't say that could he.

But the real highlight was after the Rose Garden presser with Dom. The Lefty media thought they had him, their No 1 enemy, the man behind Brexit, the man behind Gove's education reforms, the man responsible for the ban on government ministers appearing on Today or Newsnight, the man responsible for moving the Lobby briefings out of the Commons, the man behind the campaign to end the BBC licence fee, oh how they hate him, they hate him and despise him, but now they had him, up against the wall, hands around his neck, squeezing the life out of the little ****.

Or so they thought, as the meeting wore on it became more and more obvious that he wasn't going to resign, and Boris wasn't going to sack him. He was going to survive, he was going to continue taunting and teasing them, faces were like thunder in the press pack and when it was all over there was Laura from the BBC, her face contorted with rage, or was it just the camera angle, I could swear she was stamping her feet as she spoke, next up was Beth, she looked like she'd seen a ghost, her bottom lip was actually quivering, I thought she was going to cry, Pesto was visibly deflating on screen, I thought he might vanish altogether. It was wonderful television, worth the annual Sky sub for that hour alone.

Sorry to hear about the Ashetton Arms at Downham sinkov. We were there at Christmas and it was really bloody excellent fayre.
    I loved the place.Every time I was up there we used to visit.I'm as sad as I was when the Pendle View closed.

It's quite ironic, Ricky and Ralf's Very Northern Road Trip started on the Beeb this week, and there they were, in the very first episode, sat outside the Ashetton Arms with that glorious view of Pendle in the background. It's in too wonderful a spot to stay closed for long, surely someone will buy it and it'll be open again soon.

sinkov---post 704 is great reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov---post 704 is great reading!
    Thank you Sub, that's very kind, I don't charge either, I see it as a public service.

I was absolutely delighted that Dom retained his job!

At the time (April) the Tories had a 26% lead in the opinion polls. Since then their lead has tanked to around 4%.

You may have been happy that he kept his job but the Governments popularity, and Boris's, has gone south.

And people remember stuff like this - I'll wager that there will not be a bounce back in their fortunes.

Boris was untouchable at the time but, following this monumental error of judgement, he is now in negative territory.

I was delighted he kept his job as he had done nothing wrong, as confirmed by the Durham Police investigation. But it was extremely satisfying to see a hysterical lefty witch-hunt come to nothing.

Page 71 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)