+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Reflected. Doh. ...Respected !!!

I see the press are saying it’s Barry till the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Seeing that (although it is in the daily retard so not sure if that actually counts as press, does it?)
    Anyway, if that is the case, is this an indication that any of our other "targets" don't want the job jist saying.

I read it in the P&J

Not QUITE as bad as the record.

A disgraceful decision if true.
    I'm mega nae impressed with this Burrows bloke.
    Fück off back to the shìtehole you came fae.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I read it in the P&J

Not QUITE as bad as the record.

A disgraceful decision if true.
    I'm mega nae impressed with this Burrows bloke.
    Fück off back to the shìtehole you came fae.
    Totally agree pal, 100% disgraceful decision if it's true and the laddie Burrows can fek aff any day he likes.
    As for the depressing journal I agree with that comment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I'd be fine with that. It would mean nae Lennon ?

BUT. After that , what ?

This would have to come with some conditions set. If I was Robson , I'd expect some assurances on his job security for next season. Be that being back to his original job with some wee reward. Or a firm contract for the managers job if he makes Europe, or similar ?

And who)how does the Club get the recruitment in place for next season ?

I still see this as ending up with a " big name" football person as new DOF , and BR becoming the "European style" First team Coach , as opposed to old school manager making all the footballing decisions ?

Fits in with my imagined " Cormack way" ( or prawcess !!)

Drama queens

I'm happy with Barry getting it until the end of the season.

We have shown a degree of stability across the team recently, which was missing under Goodwin and any new guy could come in and upset that.

I can understand being upset at the decision if you have spent the last few months getting a semi at the thought of Lennon in the dugout, but he was never a serious candidate.

Possibly Barry may want some assurances as to how things are going to be if he were to take the job. If he knows certain areas aren't run correctly and would have an impact on his role as manager, then gives them a chance to sort things out.

Now he is confirmed until the end of the season, will the usual suspects be coming back on to match threads after defeats to tell us how bad Barry is and how easy the managing a football team is?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    I'd be fine with that. It would mean nae Lennon ?

BUT. After that , what ?

This would have to come with some conditions set. If I was Robson , I'd expect some assurances on his job security for next season. Be that being back to his original job with some wee reward. Or a firm contract for the managers job if he makes Europe, or similar ?

And who)how does the Club get the recruitment in place for next season ?

I still see this as ending up with a " big name" football person as new DOF , and BR becoming the "European style" First team Coach , as opposed to old school manager making all the footballing decisions ?

Fits in with my imagined " Cormack way" ( or prawcess !!)
    I suspect our managers have little say in who we sign. I think Barry has the balls to challenge that and may well be a clue as to how he has it until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I'm happy with Barry getting it until the end of the season.

We have shown a degree of stability across the team recently, which was missing under Goodwin and any new guy could come in and upset that.

I can understand being upset at the decision if you have spent the last few months getting a semi at the thought of Lennon in the dugout, but he was never a serious candidate.

Possibly Barry may want some assurances as to how things are going to be if he were to take the job. If he knows certain areas aren't run correctly and would have an impact on his role as manager, then gives them a chance to sort things out.

Now he is confirmed until the end of the season, will the usual suspects be coming back on to match threads after defeats to tell us how bad Barry is and how easy the managing a football team is?
    Pretty much sums up where I am but not sure he will get the assurances you mention
    Think it may be more see how you do- get European football and you will get a contract on the back of it- if not, option to go back into previous role

Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast