+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 75 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175575 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Der Hun, had no momey to pay us compensation the last time they came calling, if we are to believe the rumours that the deal was done and dusted but they couldnt afford to paythe whole amount up,fromt then whats to say that there isnt an agreement in place to use the season ticket money that will be coming in before next season to pay us off, bearing in mind that it will be cheaper to get DM now.
    I just don't buy those rumours. If McInnes had really wanted to go there he is such a stubborn so and so he would already be manager there and they would have found a way to deal with the compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I just don't buy those rumours. If McInnes had really wanted to go there he is such a stubborn so and so he would already be manager there and they would have found a way to deal with the compensation.
    Sorry posted too quick, meant to add that they have found the money for the wages/loan fees of six players in January that won't have been cheap

There would probably be a lot less folk bothered now if he does go there or anywhere else now.
    The standards this season have been pretty ****e to watch, one diddy cup win against a bunch o hammer throwers isnt
    Much to show for 4 years in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes has many a flaw as we have all witnessed. This season against Celtic and Rangers have been nothing short of an embarrassment and since he has very recently been trying to whore himself to a bigger gig then why did he not shout from the rooftop after performances against Celtic and Rangers?
    He is actually making himself unattractive to other clubs looking for a manager and is now someone who knows he can’t improve beyond his record at Aberdeen.
    He is getting the sack from us one day. It will take a while but sense will prevail at some point.
    Sorry to disappoint you RJ but Milne is not sacking McInnes any time soon if indeed ever. For sure this season has been disappointing in many ways but despite all of our shortcomings we have a better than 50/50 chance of reaching the SC Final and are still in with a shout of finishing second - hardly sacking material.

Whether he or we like it or not our fortunes are inextricably linked as he only gets the sort of move he wants if he does something special at Aberdeen and even that might not be enough to catch the eye of your typical myopic English Championship owner. Look at Lennon's inability to get any sort of decent club after all of the trophies he won with Celtic.

Sorry to disappoint you RJ but Milne is not sacking McInnes any time soon if indeed ever. For sure this season has been disappointing in many ways but despite all of our shortcomings we have a better than 50/50 chance of reaching the SC Final and are still in with a shout of finishing second - hardly sacking material.

Whether he or we like it or not our fortunes are inextricably linked as he only gets the sort of move he wants if he does something special at Aberdeen and even that might not be enough to catch the eye of your typical myopic English Championship owner. Look at Lennon's inability to get any sort of decent club after all of the trophies he won with Celtic.
    Let’s just be honest and admit that McInnes is certainly not going to do anything special at Aberdeen now. I will also say he will be sacked before a bigger team takes him from us. Even the basket cases of Sunderland and Rangers won’t look at him now....which is a real pity.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Let’s just be honest and admit that McInnes is certainly not going to do anything special at Aberdeen now. I will also say he will be sacked before a bigger team takes him from us. Even the basket cases of Sunderland and Rangers won’t look at him now....which is a real pity.
    It's highly likely that he won't be doing anything special this season as that almost certainly means beating Celtic in SC final and we simply don't have the players to do that short of something very unusual happening in final, when Celtic would be super motivated to complete another treble. Finishing second doesn't qualify as something special in my view.

As to whether he can do something special next year, which would be either winning a trophy, or reaching Europa League group stages and doing reasonably well in them like the Swedish club Ostersund did this season, then we will need to seriously up our game in the quality and subsequent performance of new players in the Summer. We'll see how that goes.

I don't think he will either be sacked (we are not going back to being a bottom half team any time soon and I don't see Milne sacking him for finishing top half and getting some half decent cup runs) nor will a bigger team come in for him (because you will be right and he won't do the exceptional). I think the most likely outcome is a third (or fourth) option, which is either that sevco continue to get a bit stronger and so we are battling for third at best and so he gets more scunnered with us and we get more scunnered with him (but not enough for a sacking) and so does a Lennon and leaves at the end of his contract to either take the Scotland job when McLeish gets sacked in 2020 or quits without having a job to go to. Option 4 is he takes a risk and accepts a smaller English club in Division 1 and tries to get them promoted to the Championship and then gets on the managerial merry-go-round from there.

It's highly likely that he won't be doing anything special this season as that almost certainly means beating Celtic in SC final and we simply don't have the players to do that short of something very unusual happening in final, when Celtic would be super motivated to complete another treble. Finishing second doesn't qualify as something special in my view.

As to whether he can do something special next year, which would be either winning a trophy, or reaching Europa League group stages and doing reasonably well in them like the Swedish club Ostersund did this season, then we will need to seriously up our game in the quality and subsequent performance of new players in the Summer. We'll see how that goes.

I don't think he will either be sacked (we are not going back to being a bottom half team any time soon and I don't see Milne sacking him for finishing top half and getting some half decent cup runs) nor will a bigger team come in for him (because you will be right and he won't do the exceptional). I think the most likely outcome is a third (or fourth) option, which is either that sevco continue to get a bit stronger and so we are battling for third at best and so he gets more scunnered with us and we get more scunnered with him (but not enough for a sacking) and so does a Lennon and leaves at the end of his contract to either take the Scotland job when McLeish gets sacked in 2020 or quits without having a job to go to. Option 4 is he takes a risk and accepts a smaller English club in Division 1 and tries to get them promoted to the Championship and then gets on the managerial merry-go-round from there.
    I agree that finishing second is nothing special. And there is an element of truth in your theory about McInnes and the rest of his time at Aberdeen. My worry is that we are going to get bored stiff watching Aberdeen under his tenure. I honestly at times can’t motivate myself to go to matches regularly now. Even against Celtic as I think what is the point? The semi final against Motherwell I turned down a ticket also because I know even if we get to the final we are doing nothing against Celtic. McInnes doesn’t even plan his team to beat Celtic we just try to contain them.
    Something has to change, McInnes or his balls for bigger matches. The evidence suggests he doesn’t have the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You did? You’d think you’d make more of it
    Nah........come on, I’ll leave that to the internet troll as you comment on it consistently as you cherry pick certain parts of posts......importantly though....TFI.

SF

west brom sack pardew.......

Quote Originally Posted by standfreelee View Post
    west brom sack pardew.......
    What’s that got to do with Derek McInnes.
    I very much doubt he’ll be on the short list

Page 75 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175575 ... LastLast