+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

It must have been tricky for a far right bunch of thugs to figure out whether they would rather adopt their traditional anti Semitic views or their newly embraced islamophobia. Who to hit first, that is thexquestion?

I'm agin both but with both in a Schrodinger's cat kind of way.

Following the holocaust, the creation of a safe haven for Jews in the form of an independent Israel on their ancient homeland was a good idea. Removing however many 100K Palestinians from their homes was a bad idea. The Palestinians should not have been driven out of their homes. International Law says so as do more than 100 UN resolutions. Israel ignores that.

The Arab world's determination to eradicate Israel was wrong and Israel's right to self defence was right.

Israel's continued annexation of land/homes belonging to Palestinians is wrong and is a major factor in the existence of Hamas and Hezbollah. Hamas and Hezbollah are against the continued growth of Israel and I agree with them. I disagree with how they choose to do it.

Israel is wrong to arm the "settlers"/"colonists" who steal Palestinian homes and land. The settlers are wrong to indiscriminately kill Palestinians in order to steal their home/land.

Hamas and Hezbollah are wrong in the terroristic attacks they make. Israel is equally wrong in its quest, and one can only think it's policy, to annex more and more land/homes. It's wrong and it's illegal.

If Israel stops the annexing and returns the stolen lands, with any luck, Hamas and Hezbollah can be persuaded to disband, or at least, stop the terrorism.

Israel needs to realise that it can't keep on expanding.

I'm not anti Jew. I am anti Zionist politics. I agree with Hamas that Palestinian land should not be stolen but disagree with their terrorism.

Then there's the part that Iran plays in this and possibly also Saudi Arabia.

Being anti-zionist is not being anti-semitic. Being for a halt to the violence and the return of land to the Palestinians is not being pro-Hamas. IMO, it's being human.

Some might think this simplistic thinking. I think it's right thinking. There are faults on both sides. Both sides need to own up to their faults and eradicate those faults rather than keep on their current path of wanting to eradicate each other.

Peace, out.

It seems some in government and indeed other countries might have overplayed the unconditional stand with Israel stance, as they watch the thousands die in Gaza and are now rowing back on this support, especially as the mass slaughter of innocent civilians isn't going down well in other countries.

I had hoped we might have seen the last of the acceptance of civilians as collateral, apart from some despotic regimes like Russia who in recent times have targeted civilians notably in Ukraine and Syria, but it seems not.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I'm agin both but with both in a Schrodinger's cat kind of way.

Following the holocaust, the creation of a safe haven for Jews in the form of an independent Israel on their ancient homeland was a good idea. Removing however many 100K Palestinians from their homes was a bad idea. The Palestinians should not have been driven out of their homes. International Law says so as do more than 100 UN resolutions. Israel ignores that.

The Arab world's determination to eradicate Israel was wrong and Israel's right to self defence was right.

Israel's continued annexation of land/homes belonging to Palestinians is wrong and is a major factor in the existence of Hamas and Hezbollah. Hamas and Hezbollah are against the continued growth of Israel and I agree with them. I disagree with how they choose to do it.

Israel is wrong to arm the "settlers"/"colonists" who steal Palestinian homes and land. The settlers are wrong to indiscriminately kill Palestinians in order to steal their home/land.

Hamas and Hezbollah are wrong in the terroristic attacks they make. Israel is equally wrong in its quest, and one can only think it's policy, to annex more and more land/homes. It's wrong and it's illegal.

If Israel stops the annexing and returns the stolen lands, with any luck, Hamas and Hezbollah can be persuaded to disband, or at least, stop the terrorism.

Israel needs to realise that it can't keep on expanding.

I'm not anti Jew. I am anti Zionist politics. I agree with Hamas that Palestinian land should not be stolen but disagree with their terrorism.

Then there's the part that Iran plays in this and possibly also Saudi Arabia.

Being anti-zionist is not being anti-semitic. Being for a halt to the violence and the return of land to the Palestinians is not being pro-Hamas. IMO, it's being human.

Some might think this simplistic thinking. I think it's right thinking. There are faults on both sides. Both sides need to own up to their faults and eradicate those faults rather than keep on their current path of wanting to eradicate each other.

Peace, out.
    Don’t know about Schrödinger’s cat but...in the days when we had a ‘like button’...this would have earned a ‘like’. Complete common sense and decency and not remotely ‘simplistic’ imo.

So today comprehensive ruling that the much trumpeted Rawanda scheme, on which £140 million has already been spent, is illegal and not just international law, but also UK law, so dismissing the thinking that leaving the ECHR would be a resolution.

The fact is the Tories knew this from the start, its all been a distraction, aimed at looking to be doing something even though Ministers and others knew from the start it was not going to happen.

Now Sunak talks *******s about emergency legislation and a treaty with Rawanda, in full knowledge that none of this will happen before the next election - on the other hand, having an agreement with Franc eon processing claims in Calais and a returns agreement for those that could have claimed asylum in another country would stop the boast overnight!

meanwhile that thicko turn coat Anderson makes statements about ignoring the law, potentially something an MP, sworn to uphold it, could be arrested for, yet he hasn't been sacked from Government for such a obviously inflammatory and disgraceful statement.

In other news, the Government claims to ahve halved inflation, despite the fact that actually its you buggers with higher mortgages due to the BOE interest rate rises and the fall in oil prices that has actually been the reason.

These days, when this Government actually says something that's true I'm surprised, the lies and disassembling is just gob smacking.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

There are faults on both sides. Both sides need to own up to their faults and eradicate those faults rather than keep on their current path of wanting to eradicate each other.

Wouldn't that be great...

I got into a rare conversation with my daughter on this subject on Sunday and she gave me a view into the Tik Tok world. It seems that most tiktokers that have a view are horrendously ill-informed on the subject including being unaware of The Holocaust, the creation of Israel, and even that Jews and Christians are not the same

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

I got into a rare conversation with my daughter on this subject on Sunday and she gave me a view into the Tik Tok world. It seems that most tiktokers that have a view are horrendously ill-informed on the subject including being unaware of The Holocaust, the creation of Israel, and even that Jews and Christians are not the same
    I am equally ignorant of the ‘Tik Tok world’. What do you regard as the Tik Tok demographic?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I am equally ignorant of the ‘Tik Tok world’. What do you regard as the Tik Tok demographic?
    in terms of age, 70% under 35

Edit, that's not my estimate, its pretty widely accepted =/- a few years/percent
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 16-11-2023 at 11:50 AM.

in terms of age, 70% under 35

Edit, that's not my estimate, its pretty widely accepted =/- a few years/percent
    The level of misinformation is astounding

Indeed. They are more likely to think that the Holocaust is no more than a hoax according to the alternative thinkers aka conspeorists who refer to it as the Holohoax.

Page 77 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)