+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Okay, I didn't like McLean, I might have mentioned it.

But even a McLean fan must see he was no more that a very mediocre midfielder.

Full of his own importance and full of s'hite.

He won't be difficult to replace in the slightest and if we can find someone who is capable of making a simple forward pass at the right time then we will have a 30 goal a season striker in Stevie May.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Okay, I didn't like McLean, I might have mentioned it.

But even a McLean fan must see he was no more that a very mediocre midfielder.

Full of his own importance and full of s'hite.

He won't be difficult to replace in the slightest and if we can find someone who is capable of making a simple forward pass at the right time then we will have a 30 goal a season striker in Stevie May.
    McLean was the key player in the team - everything's gone through him for the past two years. I hope we sign someone as good, if not better, to replace him, but no idea who that will be. If you think McLean is that average, give us some names of midfielders in Scotland who are better than him?

You've also got to be joking about Stevie May - he will never score 30 goals a season - be lucky if he scores 30 goals in the rest of his career the way he played last year. Barely ever looked like scoring and did very little else to contribute to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    McLean was the key player in the team - everything's gone through him for the past two years. I hope we sign someone as good, if not better, to replace him, but no idea who that will be. If you think McLean is that average, give us some names of midfielders in Scotland who are better than him?

You've also got to be joking about Stevie May - he will never score 30 goals a season - be lucky if he scores 30 goals in the rest of his career the way he played last year. Barely ever looked like scoring and did very little else to contribute to the team.
    McLean got exactly the kind of flack Bett used to get. OK he wasn't in the same league as Bett but unless a midfield player comes off the pitch covered in blood and snotters it seems to get some people's back up. I think, give the right club he could go on to be a big name but I am not sure Norwich is that club.
    As for May it looks like we have bought damaged goods he's certainly not the player St.Johnstone had and it looks like a gamble that didn't pay off. Could be a close season, some work on that knee and shedding a stone might make a difference?

If you're happy with McLean then I'm happy for you.

If he ever scraped above average then it was after he wasn't an Aberdeen player.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post

As for May it looks like we have bought damaged goods he's certainly not the player St.Johnstone had and it looks like a gamble that didn't pay off. Could be a close season, some work on that knee and shedding a stone might make a difference?
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...-kenny-miller/

May might not be our main striker if tomorrow's newspapers have any accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by torry_battery_ram View Post

Hopefully sh!te

Also meant to say in my last post that we are also trying to sign Ipswich's Republic of Ireland international midfielder Stephen Gleeson.

Quote Originally Posted by torry_battery_ram View Post

A peanut headed striker who’s 39 this year?
    Yay. Go Aberdeen
    FFS.
    That Florida sun has got to Derek.

Hopefully Miller gets the Livingston job.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Hopefully sh!te
    Oh you’re right.
    He is sh1te.....
    And past it.

Two years ago, a good signing.
    Now?
    He couldn’t get a game for a hun team that had Morelos in it, who couldn’t hit a barn door for about 3-4 months.

if he could guarantee 30 goals a season I still wouldn't accept Miller at Pittodrie. McInnes, gie yersel a shak.

Page 77 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast