+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Year or Fear!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Jeez you’re desperate. Hardly comparable and all properly investigated and described as ‘minor, inadvertent with no attempt to mislead’.

I’d steer clear of the ‘politicians committing wrongdoing’ route if I were you. At the risk of entering ‘my dad’s bigger than your dad’ territory…the list I can produce, just since 2019, is a great deal bigger than anything you might try and dredge up…and ‘yes’, I, almost certainly, will…unless something unlikely happens meaning that voting for the Lib Dems will provide a greater likelihood of ridding ourselves of Sarah Dines.
    lol, total body swerve.
    Lets play the moral high ground and I'm holier than you, yet when one on the same plain comes back you get ratty.
    The point being sunshine, all politicians have skeletons and misdemeanors bouncing about.
    I don't give a flying about what Trumps said/done. I do care about what happens here. If Farage or anyone, wants to be his mate, then thats up to them.
    You mention the Libs, after the PO scandal, I couldn't look Davey in the eye, without wanting to break his jaw. That man has blood on his hands in his cowardice, not to damage his "career"

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    lol, total body swerve.
    Lets play the moral high ground and I'm holier than you, yet when one on the same plain comes back you get ratty.
    The point being sunshine, all politicians have skeletons and misdemeanors bouncing about.
    I don't give a flying about what Trumps said/done. I do care about what happens here. If Farage or anyone, wants to be his mate, then thats up to them.
    You mention the Libs, after the PO scandal, I couldn't look Davey in the eye, without wanting to break his jaw. That man has blood on his hands in his cowardice, not to damage his "career"
    Body swerve? Play the moral high ground? Ratty? I don’t think so. Just answered your queries.
    More from the Tricky school of deflection? Very much so.
    Anyway I made my point a while ago, when you accepted that Farage’s contacts already brought his suitability for office into question.
    That’ll do me for today.

oooooooooooooh, this ones gonna hurt https://yougov.co.uk/ratings/politic...al-figures/all

NB, Reform know they aren't heading for office. But the ball rolling downhill, is picking up speed.
    Considering Labour are not winning this election, they have been handed it on a silver platter. Then hold on to your flat cap.

Would I rather see Farage leading this country in front of Starmer. Bet your granny I would. At least he has a spine and a personality
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 21-06-2024 at 06:09 PM.

Farage defending the Russian invasion of Ukraine, what an horrific human he is.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Farage defending the Russian invasion of Ukraine, what an horrific human he is.
    If you are going to slate him, at least have the decency to quote all of what he said.............
    The Reform UK leader said that the “ever-eastward expansion of Nato and the European Union” gave Vladimir Putin a reason to justify war.

The comments in a BBC Panorama interview with Nick Robinson echo arguments made by Donald Trump, the former US president and friend of Mr Farage.

Mr Farage was asked why he had “blamed the West” for Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.

He said: “Right, I’ll tell you what you don’t know, I stood up in the European Parliament in 2014 and I said, and I quote, ‘there will be a war in Ukraine’.

“Why did I say that? It was obvious to me that the ever-eastward expansion of Nato and the European Union was giving this man a reason to his Russian people to say, ‘they’re coming for us again’ and to go to war.”
    Pressed on whether his rhetoric was echoing that of the Russian president, Mr Farage said: “But, hang on a second, we provoked this war. It’s – you know, of course it’s his fault, he’s used what we’ve done as an excuse.”

Asked if he was saying the West “provoked the invasion of Ukraine”, Mr Farage responded: “Yes.”

He added: “By the way, I’m the only person in British politics that predicted what would happen, and of course everyone said I was a pariah for daring to suggest it.

Tricky…the Russian annexation of Crimea began in February 2014 and marked the beginning of conflict between Russia and Ukraine, so Farage’s alleged 2014 prediction is hardly the example of political/diplomat foresight you and he claim it to be is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Would I rather see Farage leading this country in front of Starmer. Bet your granny I would. At least he has a spine and a personality
    Which is odd…seeing as yesterday, only a few hours earlier, you’d accepted that - according to your ‘morals standards’ - Farage’s links with criminals and a serial misogynist accused of human trafficking brought into question his suitability as a candidate.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-06-2024 at 06:41 AM.

Which is odd…seeing as yesterday, only a few hours earlier, you’d accepted that - according to your ‘morals standards’ - Farage’s links with criminals and a serial misogynist accused of human trafficking brought into question his suitability as a candidate.
    There are no clean hands rA. Starmer doesn’t appear to know what a woman is, or is scared to offer a straight answer to the question, which is a moral crime in itself.

Tricky…the Russian annexation of Crimea began in February 2014 and marked the beginning of conflict between Russia and Ukraine, so Farage’s alleged 2014 prediction is hardly the example of political/diplomat foresight you and he claim it to be is it?
    Yet western leaders were in denial about it even as the Ruskies were topping up their tanks with diesel ready for the invasion. Maybe they should have listened to that one piece of foresight, after all he called Brexit right as well

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    There are no clean hands rA. Starmer doesn’t appear to know what a woman is, or is scared to offer a straight answer to the question, which is a moral crime in itself.
    I’m sorry Andy…I’m not sure what you’re talking about as I remain a little ‘out of the loop’ for the next few days.
    Has KS got himself in a muddle over gender identity again? I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s a complex issue and not really an electoral one imo.
    Doesn’t really fit the ‘no clean hands’ description though…again imo.
    Being confused over gender identity these days is all too common. I know I am, but it isn’t necessarily malicious and bears no comparison with alleged rape, s@xual assault and trafficking.

P.S. Just seen your other comment. ‘Called Brexit right too’ did he? So he described it as the ‘sh1t show’ it’s turned out to be did he? I think not.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-06-2024 at 08:03 AM.

Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)