+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝 New Manager [Luke Williams Appointed]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Well said Luke.
    Steve Cherry has made the same point on MC and I think RN as well.

If you want fans to be passionate and emotionally involved then you can't just expect it when things are going well and demand they shut down like robots when it isn't.

I didn't agree with the booing, and can't imagine myself ever doing so, but I think it is a great response from LW. To take that message back into the changing room, will hopefully strengthen the group of players, and stem any bad blood between players and fans that might have been brewing.
    I hope this will buy LW some Brownie points with those fans who have been unsure about him so far.
    This response will make those who booed, feel listened to, and those that didn't, relieved that no toys are being thrown out of the pram by players and management.
    Together we are stronger.
    COYP.

I have to say, that's a brilliant statement from Luke Williams and shows a real appreciation of how fans think and what motivates their responses, both positive and negative.

Fantastic statement and he's right, it's to say come on you are better than this. He said when he came in that the team have to give the fans something to cheer and has backed this up by that statement.

A big song and dance was made about the booing on social media, but LW has given the perfect response. Interesting to see those getting their knickers in a twist about it (they should go and support Forest etc etc) agreeing with him as well…

Very well put by Mr. W!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I have to say, that's a brilliant statement from Luke Williams and shows a real appreciation of how fans think and what motivates their responses, both positive and negative.
    Agreed, great response and awareness of the high emotions running around the stadium during a match.

I hope the players see it the same way, though, and don’t see it as LW siding with the fans over them. I also hope fans don’t see it as an excuse to boo whenever they want, because that could ultimately prove counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Agreed, great response and awareness of the high emotions running around the stadium during a match.

I hope the players see it the same way, though, and don’t see it as LW siding with the fans over them. I also hope fans don’t see it as an excuse to boo whenever they want, because that could ultimately prove counterproductive.
    They might, and that would explain a lot.

Anyway I agree with LW and I think this is a message that our Love Island-watching, social media-sensitive squad needs to hear.

I think back to former players who were in the same situation, like Barraclough, who scored an outside of the foot volley in the last minute and turned round to Z block to tell everyone to **** off, or Neal Bishop who did something similar a couple of times.

I would much rather see them harness any anger at unfair treatment by the fans in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Very well put by Mr. W!
    I agree in a way. Agree that fans should not take this as a chance to boo whenever it is not going well, but I am not sure that all fans boo as an encouragement to the players!

I still think there's no need to boo and I won't. To simply walk out is good enough for me, and silence can give a very positive message.

Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast