+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So we're settling for championship calibre players in midfield now then apparently - hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Dante Polvara signs on for another 3 years. Seems a bit peculiar timing? Also, has he done enough to earn it? Barry obviously thinks so.
    Said it before on here, Robson and FMB (football monitoring Board) see Polvara as the replacement for Ramadani hence the reason we never signed a "replacement" when he left as they believed the obvious replacement was already in the building and this contract extension kind of suggests that as well.
    Ramadani was OK but not a brilliant player by no stretch of the imagination, given a run of games to bring him on and build up his confidence then Polvara has shown signs that he is pretty capable. For sure time will tell but I think he will come good and be a decent reliable player for us the same as Ramadani was (decent and reliable)

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Said it before on here, Robson and FMB (football monitoring Board) see Polvara as the replacement for Ramadani hence the reason we never signed a "replacement" when he left as they believed the obvious replacement was already in the building and this contract extension kind of suggests that as well.
    Ramadani was OK but not a brilliant player by no stretch of the imagination, given a run of games to bring him on and build up his confidence then Polvara has shown signs that he is pretty capable. For sure time will tell but I think he will come good and be a decent reliable player for us the same as Ramadani was (decent and reliable)
    I like Polvara too, think he will be a good player but the question is how long that will take, we really needed a ready made replacement for this season and it looks like that was one failure during the window. I hope he gets up to speed quickly.

Rama was one of those players where a lot of the good work they do goes unnoticed, our stats for interceptions and winning back the ball are almost the worst in the league so far (early days) but its quite noticeable how our play has changed since he left. It was always going to be hard to match our play from last season (the good bit) when a player who played almost every game isn't there anymore.

I do think Barry needs to be a bit cannier in the team setup - with so many new players you can't easily duplicate the team from last season.

On another note although sad to hear Morris is injured I hope it gives Vicente a chance to play, he can be a gamechanger when on form, hope he gets back to his best

Nobody wishes injury on Morris.
    It is a bit of a relief though that he won’t be playing for a while.

Ramadani was a very good player for us.
    I hold back from saying great but he’s a miss that’s for sure.

Polvara may well turn out to be a decent player but a replacement for Ramadani he’s not.
    Completely different style of player.

To be frank, I didn’t see much potential in Polvara when I saw him on the few occasions that he played last season. However, he didn’t get many opportunities, was/is quite young and he was also making a step up from university football. However, I’ve seen him a few times this season and he looks an entirely different proposition. He is clearly very comfortable on the ball, can pass quite well, has had a few decent attempts on goal, has two decent feet and is evidently very tall and athletic. I think he is lacking in aggression and also in a bit of confidence, but I’m sure that the manager and trainers can work on those aspects of his game. If they get that right, although it might take a little bit of time, I think we will end up with a very good player on our hands.

But, on a team note, we need to start racking up points NOW, so the players needs to start gelling TOMORROW!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    To be frank, I didn’t see much potential in Polvara when I saw him on the few occasions that he played last season. However, he didn’t get many opportunities, was/is quite young and he was also making a step up from university football. However, I’ve seen him a few times this season and he looks an entirely different proposition. He is clearly very comfortable on the ball, can pass quite well, has had a few decent attempts on goal, has two decent feet and is evidently very tall and athletic. I think he is lacking in aggression and also in a bit of confidence, but I’m sure that the manager and trainers can work on those aspects of his game. If they get that right, although it might take a little bit of time, I think we will end up with a very good player on our hands.

But, on a team note, we need to start racking up points NOW, so the players needs to start gelling TOMORROW!
    Spot on pal.
    We need to start winning league games and we need to start immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    has had a few decent attempts on goal
    Yet to see the lad hit the target and it's not for the lack of chances. Something he quickly needs to work on to stand any chance of improving his game.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Yet to see the lad hit the target and it's not for the lack of chances. Something he quickly needs to work on to stand any chance of improving his game.
    Fair point - rather, he has made decent CONNECTIONS with the ball with those attempts but I agree he needs to do better with his shooting. Maybe he’ll get a hatrick tomorrow!?

Personally believe we miss Ross McCRorie every bit as much as Ramadani if not maybe even more.

Best thing for Polvara would be a loan to a club like Arbroath.

I think he is technically a good footballer, but you can tell watching him he hasn't much experience of playing the game.

There was an article in yesterdays Guardian, where they list their best transfer deals of the summer. Have a read, if the link works.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...pe-this-summer

Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast