+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 787 of 923 FirstFirst ... 287687737777785786787788789797837887 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,870 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Andy, may I suggest you read the comments in the daily topics areas. Then perhaps you'll see what I mean.
    My point is more about, yes the left/Liberal intellectuals love sites like this.
    So it gets swamped with the bias of their opinion. Remain/hate the Tories/refugees welcome here/ Gay rights trump everything/ multicultualism is wonderful etc.
    That's fine except it gets posted in papers, as YOUGOV makes "startling" prediction lol

A prime example for me, was the Scots survey on there showing Independence was as high as 69% for leave.
    Well it would be if enough SNP junkies, take the time to take part.

RA- ‘Is everything rosy in the EU as well?’ Of course it isn’t. Who has said otherwise and what has that got to do with it?

It's got everything to do with it. Germany for example is predicted to perform woefully and is underperforming against Meditteranean countries at the moment. Will it continue? I certainly doubt that.
    So had we remained, how would you be blaming UK struggles?

( duh, I forgot the Tories)
    I know exactly what you mean, especially the frankly boring recanting of the liberal viewpoint in the media and on mainstream TV - but it does work the other way too to some extent

What I’ve noticed on yougov and other such platforms is that whatever the balance of the argument, the liberal side just won’t ‘leave it alone’ with pushing their POV

Yes that is an odd one - you'd think that a slur based on the colour of someone's skin would be deemed racist, but I'm sure an argument will emerge that there's an underlying whiteness, thus a white person (assuming Swale to be so) cannot be racist toward another person with underlying whiteness. I guess its a bit like calling someone coming back from a particularly tan creating holiday a P***i, and that not being racist either. Its a hard one to figure out.

maybe its just anti semitic, or is it pro semitic, to liken someone to a pork product

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    What I’ve noticed on yougov and other such platforms is that whatever the balance of the argument, the liberal side just won’t ‘leave it alone’ with pushing their POV
    God, that sounds so familiar

Andy, may I suggest you read the comments in the daily topics areas. Then perhaps you'll see what I mean.
    My point is more about, yes the left/Liberal intellectuals love sites like this.
    So it gets swamped with the bias of their opinion. Remain/hate the Tories/refugees welcome here/ Gay rights trump everything/ multicultualism is wonderful etc.
    That's fine except it gets posted in papers, as YOUGOV makes "startling" prediction lol

A prime example for me, was the Scots survey on there showing Independence was as high as 69% for leave.
    Well it would be if enough SNP junkies, take the time to take part.

RA- ‘Is everything rosy in the EU as well?’ Of course it isn’t. Who has said otherwise and what has that got to do with it?

It's got everything to do with it. Germany for example is predicted to perform woefully and is underperforming against Meditteranean countries at the moment. Will it continue? I certainly doubt that.
    So had we remained, how would you be blaming UK struggles?

( duh, I forgot the Tories)
    Tricky...could you please give it a rest with the diversionary tactics?

My posts were explicitly about the apparent change in attitude towards Brexit within this country. I know you don’t accept the outcome of the relevant polls but what may, or may not, be happening in Germany and the ‘Mediterranean countries’ has nothing to do with that.

If you insist on bringing up the performance of the Tories...well they’ve been in charge for over eleven years now. You might think they’re doing ever so well and everything is the fault of Labour/Remain/and multicultural gay refugees...but the latest inflation figures, Johnson’s own ‘car in a ditch’ admission over Paterson and sleaze, the HS2 debacle, the fact that we’ll all be facing an effective pay cut next April, our frankly disturbing position in the Covid ‘league tables’, the current state of the NHS etc, etc suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Yes that is an odd one - you'd think that a slur based on the colour of someone's skin would be deemed racist, but I'm sure an argument will emerge that there's an underlying whiteness, thus a white person (assuming Swale to be so) cannot be racist toward another person with underlying whiteness. I guess its a bit like calling someone coming back from a particularly tan creating holiday a P***i, and that not being racist either. Its a hard one to figure out.

maybe its just anti semitic, or is it pro semitic, to liken someone to a pork product
    That has reminded me of an incident watching a game in the 90's.
    Bryan Roy, clean through rounded the keeper and put it wide.
    The groans rang through the stands, then 5 rows behind me a voice boomed- "you useless black ****"
    Frowns appeared and folks slowly turned around, to see this Huge Jamaican guy stood up pointing his finger.

He glanced around at everyone staring at him. Broke into a grin and said, " bet you wish you could say that?"
    Then sat down

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tricky...could you please give it a rest with the diversionary tactics?

My posts were explicitly about the apparent change in attitude towards Brexit within this country. I know you don’t accept the outcome of the relevant polls but what may, or may not, be happening in Germany and the ‘Mediterranean countries’ has nothing to do with that.

If you insist on bringing up the performance of the Tories...well they’ve been in charge for over eleven years now. You might think they’re doing ever so well and everything is the fault of Labour/Remain/and multicultural gay refugees...but the latest inflation figures, Johnson’s own ‘car in a ditch’ admission over Paterson and sleaze, the HS2 debacle, the fact that we’ll all be facing an effective pay cut next April, our frankly disturbing position in the Covid ‘league tables’, the current state of the NHS etc, etc suggest otherwise.
    No sorry, you're wrong. You seem to be the only one saying so.
    You came across a completely irrelevent poll, suggesting that opinion has swung in the favour non -Brexit was wrong.
    Not only have I disputed the relevence of this poll, as being useless. I have merely highlighted that the question involved is without a solid base of footing.
    Too many variables, that you don't want to talk about, as it taints your delight at finding this poll.
    My point is perfectly relevent, that UK performance is no different to any other European country, though we have had to contend with EU shenanigans as well.

As for the Tories, they are in trouble. Personally, Johnson will be outed in months. If you believe that means folks are flocking back to Labout, you're wrong on that as well

No sorry, you're wrong. You seem to be the only one saying so.
    You came across a completely irrelevent poll, suggesting that opinion has swung in the favour non -Brexit was wrong.
    Not only have I disputed the relevence of this poll, as being useless. I have merely highlighted that the question involved is without a solid base of footing.
    Too many variables, that you don't want to talk about, as it taints your delight at finding this poll.
    My point is perfectly relevent, that UK performance is no different to any other European country, though we have had to contend with EU shenanigans as well.

As for the Tories, they are in trouble. Personally, Johnson will be outed in months. If you believe that means folks are flocking back to Labout, you're wrong on that as well
    Jeez...talk about nonsensical denial.

I cited two polls...not one. How and why are they ‘irrelevant’ and how can you say, ‘the question involved is without a solid basis of footing’. What does that even mean?

You say that ‘UK performance is no different to any other European country’ moments after suggesting that ‘Germany is underperforming against Mediterranean countries’...you can’t have it both ways, or are these ‘Mediterranean countries’ non European?

You’re making no sense. When and where have I ever suggested that ‘folks are flocking back to Labour’ and what does, ‘Personally, Johnson will be outed in months’ mean?

All I’ve said is that the polls suggest a change in heart amongst Brits about the ‘wisdom’ of Brexit. Put down your scattergun and just address that...sensibly.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Jeez...talk about nonsensical denial.

I cited two polls...not one. How and why are they ‘irrelevant’ and how can you say, ‘the question involved is without a solid basis of footing’. What does that even mean?

You say that ‘UK performance is no different to any other European country’ moments after suggesting that ‘Germany is underperforming against Mediterranean countries’...you can’t have it both ways, or are these ‘Mediterranean countries’ non European?

You’re making no sense. When and where have I ever suggested that ‘folks are flocking back to Labour’ and what does, ‘Personally, Johnson will be outed in months’ mean?

All I’ve said is that the polls suggest a change in heart amongst Brits about the ‘wisdom’ of Brexit. Put down your scattergun and just address that...sensibly.
    NO you're right RA, you always are.

Like a broken clock, you'll be right twice a day at least.
    It's all unravelling in your head. You carry on. Has Santa had your letter yet?

Blah blah blah blah.

I'm out of this one. If you say I've changed my mind, I must have.

NO you're right RA, you always are.

Like a broken clock, you'll be right twice a day at least.
    It's all unravelling in your head. You carry on. Has Santa had your letter yet?

Blah blah blah blah.

I'm out of this one. If you say I've changed my mind, I must have.
    Okay...you slope off in a typically bad tempered and diversionary grump if you like.

I’ve never said...‘I’m right’, although obviously all of us on here, by definition, think we are because we’re putting forward our opinions on a forum. Neither am I saying that you’ve ‘changed your mind’...just that one particular thing you said involved a clear contradiction.

I’ve simply drawn attention to the findings of two polls. I contributed to neither of them in any shape or form. Just read it all back and work out for yourself whether what you’ve said makes sense or whether perhaps you might just be a tiny bit rattled by the ‘findings’.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I know exactly what you mean, especially the frankly boring recanting of the liberal viewpoint in the media and on mainstream TV - but it does work the other way too to some extent

The fact that you use the term "liberal" in a derogatory manner, says a lot about you, non of it good!

You do sound like exactly what you are, a relic stuck in the past unable to to come to terms with things that the vast majority of society have accepted long ago.

Your frankly boring repeated claim that the media recants the liberal view point is factually wrong. It reflects your narrow stuck in the past mindset, your obsession with the BBC and ignores the fact that the majority of the media is right leaning if not demonstrably right wing and pushing that agenda. I do understand how hard it must be for you to see ethnic or gay presenters in the media, funny I don't generally notice them or get bothered by them, but then maybe my life experience is a tad broader than yours? Or maybe your just not very good at hiding your prejudice!

Its rather pathetic that an old white guy, moans about societal changes and perceives them to be "pushed", like Canute, against the tide your pointlessly flailing against such changes, even though the impact upon you is minimal and by any empathetic human being welcomed. But no you have to play the poor maligned white guy, not a good look!

Page 787 of 923 FirstFirst ... 287687737777785786787788789797837887 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)