+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Look...

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Apart from spending 125k on a striker? Then managing to pip Stockport for Warner?
    Those two are both positives the way I see it can give us options as we get to the business end of the season next month.

I think Jatta could be the one who comes in to help manage Didzys game going forward. I don’t see any issues with Didzy in terms of his work rate or performances or his age, but it is wise to have someone else up top in the squad so that Didzy does not have to play every minute of every game as he’s not getting any younger. Certainly next season. For the rest of the season it maybe Didzy for an hour / seventy minutes, Jaffa for half an hour / twenty minutes . Then maybe in some games depending on the oppostion a reversal. We shall see. Jatta is an extra option either way or whoever he comes on to replace in a game.

As for Warner he needs time to bed into the team and LW mentioned in an interview or article around the time he was leaving if they (the club) were ambitious we would get him. So we did. So another try before you buy maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Those two are both positives the way I see it can give us options as we get to the business end of the season next month.

I think Jatta could be the one who comes in to help manage Didzys game going forward. I don’t see any issues with Didzy in terms of his work rate or performances or his age, but it is wise to have someone else up top in the squad so that Didzy does not have to play every minute of every game as he’s not getting any younger. Certainly next season. For the rest of the season it maybe Didzy for an hour / seventy minutes, Jaffa for half an hour / twenty minutes . Then maybe in some games depending on the oppostion a reversal. We shall see. Jatta is an extra option either way or whoever he comes on to replace in a game.

As for Warner he needs time to bed into the team and LW mentioned in an interview or article around the time he was leaving if they (the club) were ambitious we would get him. So we did. So another try before you buy maybe.
    For me the loss of Rodrigous has been massive

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    For me the loss of Rodrigous has been massive
    I was more miffed by the loss of Radrugas

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Your getting 'Birch vibes' from Maynard in what respect? Because Birchnall failed in the playoffs? Maynard has been in charge for three games. And having a similar accent to Ardley says absolutely **** all about his ability to coach this team to success.

How about we stop looking for reasons that he's not going to make it and support him instead. The truth is it's too early to tell what Maynard will or will not achieve as Notts' head coach. We'll know more by the end of the season. But one thing is absolutely certain - getting on his back and creating a negative atmosphere will only make things worse.
    Bit of overall context on our season in general, and Maynard’s contribution to date would be useful here as well I think.

Think I’m right in saying that we had what can now be recognised as a very soft start in playing none of the current Top 8 until 14th October.

Yes, we made the most of it and it was a thrilling couple of months, but as soon that easier run came to an end, against Mansfield, we got battered.

From that point on, I make it that we’ve played 9 games against the current Top 8, and have won precisely none of them. Williams was responsible for the first 6, Maynard only the last 3.

In fact, Gillingham away is the only game we’ve won all season against a side now sitting above us in the table.

Of course, we can also point to Palmer’s injury as being potentially a crucial factor in some of the above, but to pretend Maynard is underperforming having had so little opportunity to make his mark, and producing a sequence of results that is merely a continuation of what came before is a little unfair.

I have my concerns about whether he’s going to be the man to turn this round too, but it’s too early to judge, and one thing we’ll never know is whether Williams would have been capable of it either.

For now, Maynard has my complete support.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

I don’t think we will get Warner, he’s well rated there and quite a few Norwich fans were calling for him to get more games for them. He’s had a rocky couple of games but I think he will come good and address some of our defensive issues.
    As for Jatta I’ll be surprised if he’s just a bench warmer, when was the last time we spent over 100k on a player? I suppose it could be the case this season whilst he gets fit and up to speed as we could have 5 fit strikers in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You have a rare talent marky - you actually make durham look like an optimist!
    Now come on EP that is going to far.😂

I'm not going to judge Maynard until he's had at least 10 games. However, I can definitely understand the concerns of a lot of people.
    Nothing radical happens in 3 games, but you just get an instinct or a feeling that something isn't quite right yet. Time will reveal all!

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I'm not going to judge Maynard until he's had at least 10 games. However, I can definitely understand the concerns of a lot of people.
    Nothing radical happens in 3 games, but you just get an instinct or a feeling that something isn't quite right yet. Time will reveal all!
    Will Maynard turn us round ?
    After only 3 games, not enough information, cannot compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Taxi for Maynard?
    😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    😂😂
    Well, that's one win. Let's hope there's many more. Time for a bandwagon?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast