+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Barrow

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    But deliberately kicking an opponent is a red.

Or are you saying it's within the laws of the game?
    Where does it say that in the rules? I’m pretty sure it doesn’t. Also didn’t they remove “intent” from the rules, basically saying even if they think player was going for the ball all that matters is what the player has done to the player and I guess it also works the other way too.

You see it every week where they’re getting nowhere near the ball and trip them up.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Where does it say that in the rules? I’m pretty sure it doesn’t. Also didn’t they remove “intent” from the rules, basically saying even if they think player was going for the ball all that matters is what the player has done to the player and I guess it also works the other way too.

You see it every week where they’re getting nowhere near the ball and trip them up.
    You don’t think that challenge meets the red card standard of ‘ A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent’ ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You don’t think that challenge meets the red card standard of ‘ A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent’ ?
    Any challenge where you kick someone endangers them, all I’m saying you only seem to see straight reds for studs high or where they have gone into them a million miles a hour.
    My initial reaction was you dirty b@stard but shortly followed by I don’t think he’s gonna get sent off. Listening to the radio on the way back I think Maynard and Stallard said the same, it was right on the edge.

Any challenge where you kick someone endangers them, all I’m saying you only seem to see straight reds for studs high or where they have gone into them a million miles a hour.
    My initial reaction was you dirty b@stard but shortly followed by I don’t think he’s gonna get sent off. Listening to the radio on the way back I think Maynard and Stallard said the same, it was right on the edge.
    We’re not talking about *any* challenge, we’re talking about *that* challenge. Do you think *that* challenge endangered Jones’ safety? I think the answer’s pretty clear cut.

Where does it say that in the rules?
    It may not say it in those specific words, but it is well covered in other laws.

You're still seeing it as a tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    We’re not talking about *any* challenge, we’re talking about *that* challenge. Do you think *that* challenge endangered Jones’ safety? I think the answer’s pretty clear cut.
    Of course it did. Running at the speed he was, taking his legs out, Jones was fortunate to not be seriously injured. Hardly just a trip.

What happened to the other Notts player who was down at the same time?

Some were saying we could look at Pete Wild as head coach before Maynard signed. No thanks!

Covered where? No he wasn’t going for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Of course it did. Running at the speed he was, taking his legs out, Jones was fortunate to not be seriously injured. Hardly just a trip.

Some were saying we could look at Pete Wild as head coach before Maynard signed. No thanks!
    For me it was right on the line, but in reality he’s took his legs not with any great force or raked down the back of his legs with his studs. When people say that could be a career ending challenge in saying it’s a red that wasn’t one for me.
    To be clear I would have loved him to have been sent off, but I can’t say hand on heart it was a 100% a red.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

I thought the same about Wild while watching the game - no thanks to that ugly football (I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a keeper launch the ball that high/far in quite a while).

In the Jones move, they also foul Nemane a fraction of a second after JJ was hacked down.

Covered where?
    See post #72.

No he wasn’t going for the ball.
    So do you agree he deliberately kicked Jones?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast