+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: PNE Match Day Thread

re: PNE Match Day Thread

Big Sigh...2-0 win...Thank goodness for that.
    Am still concerned that we are not making better use of the chances that come our way, however, I'm pleased to see that our midfield is beginning to have greater effect on the outcome.
    The win today will give our lads added confidence, even if we made no advance on Brentford and Orient. Surprisingly, perhaps, but todays victory came in spite of an
    indifferent performance from Griff' (which in the long term may not be such a bad thing).

Now to bed..perchance to dream

A good three points and finally a win against a side in the top six. The possession football that has been evident in the games against Orient, Tranmere and even for a good hour at Gillingham again on show today, but with an end product. The 4-3-2-1 line up was made for Edwards, i'm not always complimentary about his contribution in games, but today he played the role behind Griffiths well, made runs into the box, scored the one, could easily have had two more.

Wolves build up play, passing game and tempo was good, McDonald and Golbourne both probably had their best games for the club and backed up by Jacobs.

Edwards was unlucky not to put Wolves 1-0 up, but for his effort cleared off the line. Wolves had shouts for penalty when Griffiths looked like he was nudged over in the box, ref not having any of it. Edwards did make it 1-0 after he beat Rudd in the PNE goal, played in by McDonald.

Like a lot of sides, Wolves are at their most dangerous once they have taken the lead, McCare

[quote="wolves71"]A good three points and finally a win against a side in the top six. The possession football that has been evident in the games against Orient, Tranmere and even for a good hour at Gillingham again on show today, but with an end product. The 4-3-2-1 line up was made for Edwards, i'm not always complimentary about his contribution in games, but today he played the role behind Griffiths well, made runs into the box, scored the one, could easily have had two more.

Wolves build up play, passing game and tempo was good, McDonald and Golbourne both probably had their best games for the club and backed up by Jacobs.

Edwards was unlucky not to put Wolves 1-0 up, but for his effort cleared off the line. Wolves had shouts for penalty when Griffiths looked like he was nudged over in the box, ref not having any of it. Edwards did make it 1-0 after he beat Rudd in the PNE goal, played in by McDonald.

Like a lot of sides, Wolves are at their most d

As usual thanks a bunch for the report Gav.

Wolves71 - that pretty much sums uo the game and you were spot on. I enjoyed the atmosphere but on the field we were unfortunately 2nd best for large parts of the game. If your number 9 had his shooting boots on it would have been 5 or 6. The one thing I was really disappointed in with North End is we were hassled off the ball far to easily and we just couldnt keep the ball long enough with daft passes to a gold shirts happening time and time again. In a nutshell you deserved the win and if you can replace your No.9 with a striker your play will reflect more in goals.

Sako on the bench but not used,is he off?

Highlights from yesterday's game. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE
    Wolves71 - that pretty much sums uo the game and you were spot on. I enjoyed the atmosphere but on the field we were unfortunately 2nd best for large parts of the game. If your number 9 had his shooting boots on it would have been 5 or 6. The one thing I was really disappointed in with North End is we were hassled off the ball far to easily and we just couldnt keep the ball long enough with daft passes to a gold shirts happening time and time again. In a nutshell you deserved the win and if you can replace your No.9 with a striker your play will reflect more in goals.
    All the best for remainder of the season. One thing that did surprise me was Kevin Davies not starting. He's usually an handful for any defender. As with Griffiths, it looks like Wolves are trying to get Nouha Dicko in. He made add competition, but i have a feeling that Griffiths could be off.

Good clip, thanks for posting, '71!

Quote Originally Posted by PremierWolf
    Griff off, McAlindon on is interesting. Cassidy still on bench.
    m

A massive bright spot towards the end of the game yesterday Liam coming on as a Sub, with a little more composure should have scored, but Somehow I can just see him making it in the Wolves side if he puts his mind to it!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)