+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Ayr

Quote Originally Posted by JelloBiafra View Post
    Other than Siegrist and a 14 minute (why not on at half time) cameo from Nesbitt struggling to think of anyone that showed any more spunk than Seaman. Utterly shocking show against very ordinary but competitive and combative opposition. The honeymoon is well and truly over....
    Agreed. Goalie done well.

Seaman done OK and Nesbitt showed up well.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    I actually thought he was ok.
    Really wonder wtf these so called players do all week. Got aff the bus tonight and thought to themselves, "dinna fancy this tonight look at that weather , it's affy cauld and it's raining" Phucking *****'s .
    I agree. Thought Seaman was one of our better players out of a bad bunch. Seaman, Siegrist and the centre halves were the only ones I thought got close to pass marks. Safranko has good touches but starved with playing up on his own. Nesbitt showed bit of close control and running when came on but missed our best chance

Another thing.

Why are Ayr the only team in the league this season to boss us? What is it about them we can't deal with?

They aren't great by any stretch so why do we struggle against them?

They're the only team we can't go toe to toe with and it's not luck, they've deserved all 9 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Another thing.

Why are Ayr the only team in the league this season to boss us? What is it about them we can't deal with?

They aren't great by any stretch so why do we struggle against them?

They're the only team we can't go toe to toe with and it's not luck, they've deserved all 9 points.
    Part of it is that McCall hates united and he gets them fired up.

The 5-0 - where do you start but inability to deal with pace and physicality, something we’ve struggled with as long as we have been down. Hammer throwers of Livi last season had the better of us

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I agree. Thought Seaman was one of our better players out of a bad bunch. Seaman, Siegrist and the centre halves were the only ones I thought got close to pass marks. Safranko has good touches but starved with playing up on his own. Nesbitt showed bit of close control and running when came on but missed our best chance
    Young right back IMO was our best player. Solid in the tackle and not frightened to go forward. Why did Neilson sub Safranko? It should have been McMullan did nothing the whole game.There was no football being played by us it was just long punts and if we did try to pass it it invariably went out for a throw or to an Ayr player. A lot on here rubbish Robson but I don't see how Booth is better. Most of our team just turn up and hope we will win not prepared to put the hard work in to earn a result. The conditions were not good but our first shot wasn't till 40 mins,a week Cammy Smith effort. Yet Ayr when they were playing against the wind put us under pressure far more.

Brutal. Robbie got the team all wrong, that is a weak Ayr team and we didn’t lay a glove on them. How McMullan got 90 mins I’ll never know, if Aird (top for assists) wasn’t injured then why wasn’t he at least in the squad?, Safranko taken off when we need a goal, was Cammy Smith actually playing? Just a very infuriating game from a team capable of so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Been saying this for weeks mate. Where's the improvement?! This team cannot pass a ball. What do they do in training all week? Why do they have absolutely no desire to fight and win a football match? I don't get it, I really don't. Major problems here...
    Spot on. 92 minutes before we put a 5/6 pass move together that created something. Desperate stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    from a team capable of so much better.
    The bottom line is that maybe they are not capable of so much better................

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    The bottom line is that maybe they are not capable of so much better................
    I think they're capable of better, well maybe, but I think what you're meaning is they're not good enough overall

Here's my assessment

Siegrist - did fine, might be ok with a decent team in front of him
    Seaman - looks a good signing
    Frans - not good enough
    Bouhenna - not good enough
    Booth- not good enough
    Fyvie - needs a rest maybe, might be good enough with a new team around him, on the other hand when did he last have a great game
    Stanton - see Fyvie, both been poor recently
    Gomis - shocking tonight, judge him after more games
    McMullan- not good enough
    Smith - need convincing, dunno
    Safranko - not a lone striker so why is he being played as one ffs
    Nesbitt- looks a good player
    Harkes - why did he and Nesbitt not start
    Clark - will get you goals but won't score while he's sat down

All in all a bit of a clusterfk because there's maybe 7 that fit the not good enough category.
    Last edited by stokearab; 26-01-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Fair assessment of all. On Fyvie....I fear he’s finished, clearly not fit and off the pace....but he looks like he’s holding back all the time, not getting involved and scared to go into tackles.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)